View Full Version : Landed a Railey
Over the last few weeks I've been working on my Air Raileys. Here is a quick video from Saturday morning of the success's and failures. The falls hurt but thefeeling of landing that trick is pretty awesome.
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Pretty nice man! Its all in the head lol. I tried those last year but after chickening out and falling hard I havn't tried them yet, I gotta get the blood pumping to get up the nerve.
Although I manned up and started landing tantrums and w2w 360s again this year.
08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Were those the first ones you ever landed? If so you really held youre emotions well. I know i'm gonna go nuts if i ever land one.
08-03-2010, 05:32 PM
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Nice! What tips can you share?
08-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Siiiiiiick! Any tips would be most appreciated.
Good on ya dude! :D
08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
The tips I have heard are to try on a wakeskate first, so if you bail it wont hurt as much as you don't have the board strapped to you.
Hey guys, thanks for the props. I have landed about 3 or 4 before this day. At the beginning of this season I decided that one day we were gonna do a raley day. I'd read everything online, watched all the how to videos, so about 3 weeks ago we decided to go for it. I started with the wakeskate as mentioned above and this truly was the key. Cut in as hard as you can on the wakeskate, do your best raley attempt, then crash into the water (hopefully feet first).
Once I had them down on the skate so I could come in feet first, I just manned up and went for it. First 2 tries were very painful but on my thrid time, I landed it and I did a lot of yelling, arm pumping and then just threw the rope as high as i could in victory. Landing them was the best feeling, because it took so long to build up the balls to try one after reading everything on the internet about how much it hurt, but in the end it wasn't so bad. Here are my top 5 tips.
1) When you decide to finally go for it, COMMIT! Don't go slow, don't try to do it 1/2 way and don't charge the wake doubting yourself. Hit it at 100% and plan to land because you may.
2) Use a wake skate first and CROSS your legs when you hit the water. Nearly everyone sacks themself once.
3) Don't look down or to the side, just look straight ahead/at the tower. Looking down/side causes you to start to rotate and then its game over. Most people do the front flip the first time until they learn to keep their head up.
4) Cut way harder then you would for a W2W. For me, as I'm cutting in it feels like I can't pull any harder or go any faster and that I'm on the verge of being out of control and then once you hit the wake, bam, you explode into the air. Make sure you do this on the wakeskate first.
5) Have a camera because you will want the footage, I garuntee it.
Hope this helps someone. If you can do W2W both ways and can do an invert, I'm pretty sure you have what it takes to land one.
08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
That is great! That is the trick that got my interest in wakeboarding. I would say go big, but your already past that point. Very cool.
08-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Wearing a wetsuit in August? Are you in Antartica? LOL
Nice freaking trick though. I tried a few on the wakeskate about a month ago and I really cleared out my sinuses.
08-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Sick....did you try them on the trampoline first? On the tramp, them don't seem so bad............................................... scary trick
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.