View Full Version : Boards in Tower Rack

Lake Bound
08-09-2010, 05:44 PM
I am seeing a lot more boats going down the road and the boards are left in the racks. I have never done that but it would free up space in the boat. Just wondering what other people do either leave them or stor them in the boat? Thanks.

08-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I leave mine in the rack. I have about a 15 mile journey and would take the board OUT of the rack if I was going further than that probably. You just gotta be careful pulling up to gas pumps and such, because you do pose a new risk...

08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Remember that if you lose a board and injure someone you can kiss your boat and your savings good bye. It looks cool on the water but hopefully don't have a boat three car lengths behind you.

you da man
08-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I've done it a few times from the gas station to the ramp but that's a few hundred yards and that's when my buddies are taking forever inside the store I just go ahead and put the boards up in the rack. Iother than that they are in the lockers or bags in the bed of the truck

08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Here are a couple of good discussions on this topic:

08-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I used to be a tow'er in the rack, but now in the truck or in the bow of the boat with the bow cover on..

not worth the risk if it does come out.