PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Broadcast, Squirt, or Ride Wakesurf board

rc5695
07-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Looking for more of a beginners wakesurf board. I have a XXX and it is a little too difficult for beginners. I'd like something a little easier for myself to really get the hang of it.

It seems the Hyperlite Broadcast (which I've ridden and liked), the Inland Surfer Squirt, and the CWB Ride would be good boards for what I'm looking for.

I'm wanting something under $200 shipped. Condition not too important depending on price.

Thanks, Ryan

bergermaister
07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Your price range will make it tricky to find something - maybe an eBay deal or your local CL for a used one. I mentioned in another post comparing the IS Squirt to the HL Broadcast 5'3". I'd suggest to pony up a little more for the Squirt. I've surfed a few years and like it a lot, over the HL. My buddy who is new and only surfed a handful of times on my ocean board, tried both and also liked the Squirt over the HL.

moombadaze
07-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Ryan, wish I knew as I have the cwb ride board collecting dust on the rack in the garage-could have brought it to sinclair. want to sell just dont want to deal with the shipping.

rc5695
07-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Ryan, wish I knew as I have the cwb ride board collecting dust on the rack in the garage-could have brought it to sinclair. want to sell just dont want to deal with the shipping.

I didn't know before Sinclair either ;)

If change your mind, please let me know. A little wait would be good anyways, as I've got a new 750 bag on the way from the group buy.

Thanks for the input bergmeister. I'm looking, but price is the most important thing for me right now. "A little more" is at least double from what i've seen. I could always use an easy board for people to learn on anyways. My 8th child is on the way, so I'm sure i'll end up with a bunch of grandkids using it someday :D

bergermaister
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
After reading Brian's comments about the triple x boards I was browsing eBay and saw a few HL broadcasts out there pretty reasonably priced. One of them is pretty old though - I'd steer towards the newer ones if possible.

This one for example, although the bidding isn't over yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hyperlite-Broadcast-Wakesurf-Board-/300579825299?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fbf42693

rc5695
07-28-2011, 01:12 PM
After reading Brian's comments about the triple x boards I was browsing eBay and saw a few HL broadcasts out there pretty reasonably priced. One of them is pretty old though - I'd steer towards the newer ones if possible.

This one for example, although the bidding isn't over yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hyperlite-Broadcast-Wakesurf-Board-/300579825299?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fbf42693

yeah, that's one I'm watching. I saw the older one somebody wanted just as much as this new one. No way...

I'm not in a hurry, and it may just have to wait until next year...Just play on the XXX a little more this year w/o getting frustrated now that I know its a little more advanced board than I thought...

Martin Jr
07-28-2011, 05:28 PM
search and search

i found my ride for $172. brand new blem

here's one advertised for $192.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_230353_-1?Ntt=0019826130&Ntk=All&cid=CSE-GoogleProductSearch

Martin Jr
07-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Stacy...what's your asking price for the ride?

moombadaze
07-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Ed, absolutly no idea-had not really thought about putting it up for sale, was thinking that if Ryan and I are both at Sinclair next year and he still wants it we would stike a deal there on the money. I just really did not want to deal with shipping the board-I have no boxes it would fit in and getting to a place to ship is just not worth it with my lack of days off.

Martin Jr
07-29-2011, 08:44 AM
well, let's pretend i'm ryan, it's next year and you think up a price.

if it's reasonable, i might be interested...and you wouldn't have to ship it to me.

we could even strike up a deal where your ride goes towards purchasing the wakekite

sorry for the typing - i'm one handed right now

rc5695
08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Don't feel like you've gotta wait on me Stacey. I'll likely get one for the kids for Christmas if I don't get a good deal on soemthing sooner. If you still happen to have it next year, just let me know and we'll see if I've got another by then...

bidding on a squirt on ebay right now...

moombadaze
08-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Ryan, I know I will have it next year-I really dont want to deal with the shipping. But I may be able to get it a lot closer to you in a couple months if pickup in the Atlanta area would work for you, if not-no big deal

rc5695
08-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Ryan, I know I will have it next year-I really dont want to deal with the shipping. But I may be able to get it a lot closer to you in a couple months if pickup in the Atlanta area would work for you, if not-no big deal

that might work. shoot me a price, as it'll cost me at least $50 and most of a day to run to Atlanta & back. I just lost the squirt on eBay :(

wolfeman131
08-10-2011, 01:49 PM
might cost you more than that if you bring the boat & family to play on Sinclair for the day!

lsvboombox
08-10-2011, 04:17 PM
check out towanza.com they have a few mucus' for sale cheap. they are blems... And inlands definition of blem is crazy. the boards look brand new

rc5695
08-11-2011, 12:38 PM
check out towanza.com they have a few mucus' for sale cheap. they are blems... And inlands definition of blem is crazy. the boards look brand new
Thanks for the suggestion lsv! They've got a Squirt demo for $220. Unfortunatly a little more than I can afford at the moment. Maybe they'll still have it next month...

Drew. Lol. Yeah, a lot more!!! Spent $110 in gas just in the boat last Sat :( Hoping to be able to get out on the water again on labor day...we'll see...

rc5695
08-18-2011, 08:36 PM
thread cancelled. Bought an '09 Ride on eBay for $170 shipped. Hope to try it out Labor Day :)

moombadaze
08-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Ryan, great board to have -congrats

rc5695
08-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Ryan, great board to have -congrats
Thanks. Thanks for the offer too. I really do appreciate it!