PDA

View Full Version : It's time to learn how to wakesurf

Boonejeepin
08-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I have never tried before but I just picked up w CWB Ride and a 600lb ballast bag.

I have the Gravity 3 balast system. Am I correct that I want to try filling the center locker bag and the factory surf side bad along with the extra ballast bag on the surfside seats?

mmandley
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Yes thats correct but i caution you with stock GIII you will have 400 in the rear and 400 in the ski locker and if you add that 600 to fare to the rear of the boat it will sink the rear so much you will have a large ramp and no length in the pocket. Try it see how you like it maybe put the wake plate at 50% to bring the rear of the boat out a bit and give you some pocket. I personaly would start with that 600 on the floor by the cooler closer to the observer area then having it right in the corner.

You will need to play a little with it. Just remember if it feels like you have to get right on top of the swim deck to feel that push then you need to lengthen the pocket. If your getting push 5ft back away from the swim deck then your golden. Push 10ft back or so then you can add more weight to the rear and get a stronger wave.

mmandley
08-22-2011, 09:32 PM
WOW just realized your in Oregon City lol im bringing my boat out to 10th St tomorrow am to do some filming and boarding. We should meet sometime and dial your surf wave in lol.

Boonejeepin
08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
That is awesome advice and just what I needed to know.

Thanks!!!!!

kaneboats
08-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Good luck with your attempts! Please feel free to post up some video and let these guys give you some pointers. It will save you a lot of time and effort.

Boonejeepin
08-23-2011, 12:32 PM
WOW just realized your in Oregon City lol im bringing my boat out to 10th St tomorrow am to do some filming and boarding. We should meet sometime and dial your surf wave in lol.

I really wish I could.

I work today and my 4 year old has her first soccer practice today.

The water looked nice when I drove by today.