PDA

View Full Version : Binding installation



rdlangston13
04-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Has anyone ever pulled a threaded insert out of a board by tightening the bindings too much?? I just cranked pretty hard on my on my new mana and then used a 14v cordless drill to get it the rest of the way... Then I thought this may screw up my new ride!

lsvboombox
04-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Never needed a drill to sink the screw, only used the drill cause i was lazy. Doesnt sound good. Back it out and return the board

rdlangston13
04-15-2012, 01:14 AM
Nothing it wrong with the board. Just wondering if any has had problems doing this

maxpower220
04-15-2012, 04:53 PM
I have drilled and installed inserts into a ski when I used a different brand binding on a ski. I bought the inserts, drilled out the hole using the recommended bit size. Mixed epoxy, filled the hole with epoxy and hammered in the inserts in. I cleaned up the "extra" epoxy and then installed a screw into the insert that had mold release on it. Once it set up for a day, I removed the screws, set the bindings on and re-installed the screws. Worked like a champ.

bzubke1
04-15-2012, 05:38 PM
I think you would be fine just getting them hand tight. I always check my screws the first time out for the day and they are rarely loose at all.

KSmith
04-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Sounds excessive to me. I tighten mine hand tight with a screwdriver if that is the type of hardware or again hand tight if it is the Ronix toggles. But I never crank down excessively on them and I've never had a problem. I do check them each time befre we head out.

rdlangston13
04-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I think you would be fine just getting them hand tight. I always check my screws the first time out for the day and they are rarely loose at all.

i was having a problem on my forefront with the right foot coming loose, even right after we would tighten it. i just got my new mana and i wanted to try it out but my kai bindings are not in yet so i had to use my hyperlites today and the teethed area where you adjust the binding angle was chewed up and almost flat on the teethed side closest to the boot, also it seems like my ronix board has the mounting holes like 1/8 of an inch closer together so the teethed piece you screwed down was not interlocking with the teeth on the binding itself. i used the drilled to forced them together.

rode all day with it and never had an issue today, kai bindings should be in this week so i will do a swap out and use some blue thread locker on it.