View Full Version : floating docking systems
01-31-2006, 12:12 AM
I looking at buying a floating docking system. Does anyone have any experience with Jet Dock?
01-31-2006, 07:02 AM
merco 1 800 396 3726
Ed, I just looked at them on their website and it shows they do make one for inboard boats. Actually looks cool.
01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
I priced it and it seemed expensive for an inboard boat. Their web site has all kinds of info and videos. I think they are around $2500.00 for a jet ski. I could be wrong, it has been a while.
01-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Don't you have to run reverse to get off those things? If so - how do you get water to the engine while on there?
Things that steered me away -
1. Cost - assumed - since I never actually priced them
2. concern over their ability to endure wave action from boat rollers as well as wind chop
3. Wear/Tear on the bottom of the boat
4. Taking it in/out in the winter and storing it outside. Because of the surface area they cover there must be a lot of sections to deal with when dealing with an inboard. In off season they need to be stacked up somewhere. I could see me throwing out my back trying to stack them. If you never take it out then no problem, but not in MN.
5. It just violates the image of a dock/lift.
But they do look pretty cool....
01-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Jet Dock does make one for comp. ski boats. For a 22' boat I got an estimate of $11,000 to $12,000. Check out their web site it looks pretty good (http://www.jetdock.com/pages/lift.asp?ID=SKI767000). As I understand it the last few rows can be filled with water allowing the back of the boat to get into the water so you can back it off. When loading the system pumps in air lifting the boat out of the water.
Does not sound like anyone has ever used one with a Moomba. Also seems expensive.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.