View Full Version : Some before/after picks of my the Moomba!
02-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Hello Everyone. A few years ago I started a thread about my Moomba being sunk and the repair/restoration project. Enjoyed a problem free boating experience on the lake this past summer due to everyone's generous recommendations and advice on here. Just want to say thanks! I never really posted and good before and after pics on that previous thread so I thought I would share. I will start with some before when I picked the boat up after sitting in a boat yard in pieces for about a year and a half. Long story short, the boat sunk got involved in a lawsuit and sat for a while.
02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Glad you got it going again... but these look a little "before-ish". Post the afters!
02-11-2014, 11:03 AM
02-11-2014, 11:08 AM
02-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Wow! She's looking new again.
02-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Just yesterday I put on the new font Moomba letters. I was incredibly nervous they would turn out all crooked but I think they turned out well. On the list for winter projects are wiring a battery bank/perko switch for house batteries - New LED tower lights - possible underwater LEDs if I get around to it.
02-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Where did you get the letters? How much?
02-11-2014, 11:44 AM
I think I paid like $400.00 shipped on a special they had going a little while ago. They come on a pre-spaced out strip so installation was a breeze.
02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Great job with restoration!
02-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Wow, that is quite a project and it looks great!!!
02-11-2014, 01:57 PM
she looks great! well done.
02-11-2014, 01:58 PM
02-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Awesome job! Any issues with the hull blistering after sitting wet from the inside out?
02-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks for all the compliments! New Guy, no issues as of yet. It was submerged for about 3 days before it was recovered. It sat in a boat yard for about a year and a half after that until I got it in my possession. Cosmetically, I had to do a tone of work. Mechanically, the engines compression was good, nothing was seized. We rebuilt the starter, Holley carb ("Carb Junkies" did amazing work by the way), New water pump, fuel pump, impeller, drained all fluids and after that she fired up with minimal adjustments necessary. The electrical was in good shape which would have been over my head so thank goodness for that. Ive since added all new speakers and head unit, rebuilt a few of the seats that floated away, powder coated the windshield (Nightmare of a job), New steering wheel, new grab handles, new cup holders, new seadek swim platform, and as of a few days ago new Moomba font dimensional letters. Other than that it was just a lot of buffing and cleaning.
02-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Great, great job! I love those letters!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.