View Full Version : boomerang

08-17-2003, 11:06 PM
I have always been faithful to my 1957 inboard ski boat. It has been a great family boat, reliable, good on gas and a very kind wake. However last year I tore my hamstring coming out of the water. This forced me to make some choices: more exercise, lose weight and more power. The boat is a classic, so re-powering it was not atttractive.
I went looking for a 17-18 foot inboard boat with low hours, less than five years old (remember I already have a project boat). I was about to give up becase the current generation of inboards were just too expensive and bigger than I wanted. Yes I know "go big or go home" but I just did not need to tow around all that extra boat.
Last week I found it! A 2000 Boomerang with less than 100 hours and in great shape. I have just had it up at the lake for three days and I think it is a great piece of kit. It is an instant classic. Great to drive. Great to ski behind.
I am getting used to the purple. My wife asked if the gas gauge was broken because it was dropping so quickly! No it is not as economical as the old boat.