PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Pump



joe98684
04-15-2008, 05:48 PM
So here is my problem. I have a 2007 LSV with the Gravity III balast and took it out for the first time this season over this last weekend. Fill up the balast bags, everything works fine. Go to empty the bags and the bow bag in the locker wont empty. I tried to hit the circuit reset button... nothing. Open the locker and the evacuation pump isnt even humming.
Anyone else experience this problem? If I have to replace the pump where can I get one? Is this exclusively a dealer item?

Thanks in advance....

JesseC
04-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Don't know about the exact model of the pump, but you can get them at just about any website or large fishing store. My 02 ate the front evac pump first as well. I think it was a Rule 700 GPH aerator pump. Take yours out and get the model number off of it and just order one online. Make sure to get the new style where the pump seperates from the housing. Makes them easier to change. I have changed 2 out of three on my boat. If you already have the new style where the motor clips into the housing, the new motors are 30 online everywhere. Just key Rule 700 GPH into google and they will all pop up. Be sure to check the old one first, this is in my 2002 and they may or may not have changed a little..

aintskeered
04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I had that exact issue once.... turned out to be a bump had jiggled some of the wires under the dash on the boat and had unpluged the slip on connector from the empty pump. a couple tie wraps and problem solved. Sure had me wondering though!

joe98684
05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Turns out that it was just a blown fuse. Replaced the fuse and all works fine. Now I will keep a few extra fuses in the glove box just in case.

kjwahl
07-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Thanks for everyone input, I just found I have both a wire loose (center bag) and a fuse blown (port bag) on our 07 LSV. I was beating my trying to figure what was going on, been having problems with the port ballast bag on and off (it would not empty), part of the problem was the manual override switch on the valve was broken off, so I had started by replacing it. Hopefully will test this weekend.
Thanks again.