PDA

View Full Version : 98 Outback rear seat wanted

skigirl1212
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Looking for backseat to fit my 1998 Moomba Outback. Can be anything from a junked boat (as I will be reupholstering my boat soon) to a new or replacement. What years will fit?

zabooda
07-07-2008, 03:49 PM
The 98s and 99s were the same. The back seat is just the pad and a couple of ABS containers on the bottom to raise the seat and a catch on each side for the rubber straps. If you can't find anything, let me know and I can send a couple of pictures with dimensions. It wouldn't be difficult to replicate.

skigirl1212
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks. From what I can remember it seemed like a formfitted molded plastic base with cushioned top. Is this what you mean by "ABS containers"? Seems like the orginal one would be a perfect fit however I thought it woud be nice to replace with one which would give me x-tra storage under the cushion. Please do send the dimensional info and or photos to skigirl1212 at yahoo or if file size is large (up to 10 meg) send to itsaawiyh@charter.net

zabooda
07-07-2008, 05:20 PM
When I bought the boat I thought how useless the bins were as they didn't have openings for storage until I started removing the seat each time I went skiing where it is light enough to move around. If I redesigned the seat, I would build a storage box screwed to the floor with a cover that swings open toward the driver, carpet the box to match the floor and have a seperate seat that can be taken out and attaches with snaps to the box. I'll get the pics and dimensions before I cover the boat this evening.

Twin Skins Upholstery
07-22-2014, 09:24 PM
hi, how about having your backseat reupholstered? I am the owner of a company that does reupholstering. we can do your seat save a sample of the skins we used and when you are ready, if you wish, we can match the skin on your seat and it will be a part that you wont have to have done again. besides reupholstering is much less inexpensive than buying a new seat!