PDA

View Full Version : Supra Moomba Regatta at Lake Havasu?

aintskeered
08-28-2008, 05:55 PM
I Had heard about this last year but couldnt get put together fast enough to get down there? Was wondering if there was going to be one this year ?

tazz3069
08-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Yes. In October. I think it is on the 11,12, and 13th. I already made my reservations at the Islander. I will be taking the family in the motorhome. Hope to see you there. I also missed it last year. My brother-in-law bought a new 24SSV Supra. I think he might be going as well.

aintskeered
08-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Tazz, Ed, Do you know who host's this... I am about 12 hr drive away? This is the closest reunion at a time of the year when I can get away from work?

tazz3069
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Ed--
Are they not planning the Reggata this year? I had email Natalie a while back and sent all my info to I think it is Island Marine in regards for the invite. If this is not going to happen, please let us know. I will cancell my reservations at the Motorhome park.
Tazz

Trashy
08-29-2008, 08:23 PM
I talked to Island Marine last week and, as of right now there is nothing planned for a regatta. But I would like to get some thing going if it was just a bunch of Moomba/Supra owners getting together. I live in Lake Elsinore It might be a far drive for you, but It is close to Island Marine where most people from So Cal have bought there boats. If you are interested hit me up and also contact Island Marine and tell them what you think.

wakecrazy21v
08-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I talked to Natalie 2 or 3 weeks ago and I think she is working on it. We hope it happens also.http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/setserr/10-5-07havasu099.jpg http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/setserr/10-5-07havasu170-3.jpg http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n227/setserr/10-7-07havasu016.jpg

tazz3069
09-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I really hope it happens. I am looking forward to going.

Sled491
09-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey I'll probably be in this neck of the woods still for this event and would love to be a double event attender. Is this going? If so could I hook up with any one? I come complete with gas, beer, snacks, and tons of useless free advice!

tazz3069
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Sled--
You can hang with me and my family. I have reservations at one of the RV parks near the Nauticle. I heard that the event was still in the air. I hope it happens. I really want to go to this.

Sled491
09-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Tazz I'm in, I've seen the pics from last year, this event looks unbelievable. Hey Natalie this still happening?

aintskeered
09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey all I called Island Marine to see if this was going to happen. Sounds like its a no go this year. Gurrrr. This is the only event that falls into a time of year and within 12 hours driving time that I could make! Sounds like there sales were off a bit and they had to cut back on some things, sponsoring this event was on the chopping block and got axed. I dont know if SC could put this back together or not. It sounded like it was a pretty big expense to Island marine.

tazz3069
09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I talked to my dealer in Las Vegas today. I had asked him if there was going to be a regatta in Havasu. He said no. Very Sad. I made reservations at the RV park for me and the family. Now we have to cancel our plans. This really stinks. I do know that Boulderboats is having a get together this Sunday at Lake Mead. They have all the info on their websight. www.boulderboats.com

ncarrera
09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
The Island Marine Lake Havasu Owners Reunion has been rescheduled. It will not take place in 2008; however, it will return the same weekend in October in 2009. I will keep you posted.

Sorry everyone...I too love this event!

GeauxTigers
09-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I talked to my dealer in Las Vegas today. I had asked him if there was going to be a regatta in Havasu. He said no. Very Sad. I made reservations at the RV park for me and the family. Now we have to cancel our plans. This really stinks. I do know that Boulderboats is having a get together this Sunday at Lake Mead. They have all the info on their websight. www.boulderboats.com (http://www.boulderboats.com)

Tazz... that sux about the reunion @ Havasu. I wonder why? I got my boat from Sean @ Island Marine. I wasn't planning on going because the weekend just won't work for me. The kids are on Fall break the following weekend and they would kill me if I pull them out of school for the whole week (yeah I know I have weird kids that actually enjoy school). On the flip side, we are planning a trip to Sand Hollow Oct 15th-19th. Sand Hollow is a smallish reservoir just north of St. George (about 15 miles). We figured we would make that the last hurrah of the year. If you are interested in meeting up, let me know.

tazz3069
09-17-2008, 08:05 AM
I called Skiers Choice yesturday. It is tru, the Regatta is cancelled. That really stinks.