PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Problem solved



gcnettl
06-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I had some trouble with my entire ballast system, and with working on other stuff had not really had time to look at it yet. My rear tank needed a new pump, old one broke off at the hose connection. I installed a Tsunami in its place, but was not receiving power to it. The switches would light up, but nothing, I mean nothing would click or whirr anywhere throughout the ballast system. While under the dash installing an amp, I looked at the fuses and none were blown.

Ok I looked at the obvious, no power to pumps, switches seemed to work, no blown fuses. Then it was time to look a little deeper. With a test light, I flipped on the empty for the sac and the rear tank, and got under the dash and located the fuses, and tested each side of all four fuses. Upon touching one, I heard the pumps kick on. Pulled out fuse, and it seemed hazed over, as in not shiny metal. I took some scotchbrite to the fuse blades and reinstalled. Problem solved.

kaneboats
06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Sometimes you have to just poke around in there to find the trouble.

ToddXLV
06-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Remember it's a boat, not a car. Lots of moisture wreaking havoc on anything and everything.