View Full Version : Plastic handle on engine cover broke!

06-25-2009, 05:35 AM
That cheap plastic rotating handle that locks your rear engine cover broke on me yesterday. It busted right off it's hinges when I was trying to open it. That thing is made of straight up plastic and the only thing metal is the actual locking part. But it's mounted to a plastic housing into the handle. Unbelievable, I didn't know that part was plastic.

Well anyway I would like to replace it since it looks bad now. I wish there was a aluminin or metal replacement but I doubt it. Where do I order this part? I could really careless about the locking part because that is ridiculous. If somebody wanted to access your engine and steal something that cheap plastic handle is not stopping anybody.

06-25-2009, 06:47 AM

Good point about the theft. I seem to recall a similar thread about a year ago or so. You are not the only one who has broken that. You might want to do a search.

06-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Overton's has the handle.

your right. Why lock it. If somebody wanted access to your engine, they have two side compartments they can easily go thru.

here's a stainless one (may be too small in diameter):

here's what we currently have:

here's a non-locking currently what we have:

Ahhh, thanks Eddie! Is the handle on your 3rd one made of plastic or stainless steel like the 1st one? I like the 1st one but you are not sure that it will fit. But I bet if I try to order the OEM handle from my local dealer they will chare at least $60. So I think I will order your handle. Thanks bro.

06-25-2009, 02:53 PM
I just ordered the 3rd one. Thanks Ed.