1. Install boat drain plug
2. Check platform bracket screws for tightness
3. Reattach all disconnected hoses from winter if not done. Raw water
strainer, v drive ,impeller housing, J tube, exhaust mani coupling.
4. Reinstall motor drain plugs and knock sensors, v drive drain bolts, tranny
cooler bolt, impeller and cover, and muffler drain bolt, if not done.
5. Clean battery terminals and connectors and install.
6. Check alignment of prop shaft coupler to v drive or tranny coupler. “Best to do in
7. Check fluid levels of motor oil, tranny oil ,v drive oil and top up if
8. Check grease in trailer bearings , brake fluid in reservoir, tire air pressure , and electrical.
9. Remove bag from flame arrestor if placed.
10. Turn key to power fuel pump.
11. Start motor and let any fogging oil burn off. Check for water leaks, and
oil leaks around oil filter from winterizing oil change.
12. Change and gap new spark plugs.
13. Replace fuel filter.
14. Reinstall speedo pick ups on mdc unit under dash if equipped.
This is not meant to be a comprehensive list, just what I do or have done on my boats. Personally after winterization I perform 3 and 4 which makes the spring process less time consuming.