Mods to the 2010 LSV
First of all, thanks to everyone for their posts on the board, it has made these mods easy for a newby.
Aquatek shower install (Thanks Newty)
Shower from Ebay for $229
Install time 3.5 hours - mostly because board was down and it was my first install. Future installs would be closer to the 90 minute range.
Storage tubes / Pods - couple of different posts
2' 4" PVC pipe, 2 end caps, 2 couplers - $10
2 ea 4" Deck Plate (overtons $19.95)
Moved fire extinguisher under drivers helm
Self retracting tie downs (Overtons)
Z5 top (still on order - over a month now)
Oznium LEDs for cup holders and transom (finally shipped after a month)
F2 Trailer jack (on order)
Pics of the storage tubes.
Basically followed the posts on here.
1. From the back side found center and drilled a pilot hole.
2. From front, used 5" hole saw to cut the opening.
3. Reamed out hole slightly, trimmed carpet, ensured coupler could fit through the opening (snug).
4. Glued deck plate to one side of the coupler.
5. Split 2' piece of PVC pipe in half and pulled 1/2" off both pieces.
6. Dry fit everything to ensure snug fit
7. Glue all pieces together and slide in through the front opening
8. Used stainless steel screws to secure the deck plate. The back of the bench is sloped, so the rear of the storage pod rests on that and does not move.
Used to hold tools, spare clamps, sun tan lotion bottles.
Took about an hour to complete everything once I had all the parts in hand.
Looks good! It only gets worse from here on out!;)