Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Default Wake Surfing in an 06 LSV?

    I know this question has been asked a million times but I need to know the perfect wake surfing setup for my boat (06 LSV)? My dad is getting up there in age and has fallen in love with surfing. The problem is it takes us forever to get a good wake. I have the factory center ballast hookup and that is it. If money was no object, what would you do to it? No lead but hooking up sacks in a system and how big of sacks and where? What to do with the wedge etc...
    Thanks for the help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Plenty of LSV owners will chime in but at minimum put a 750 sac in the V-drive locker on the surf side and put some people or another 400lb sac on the seat on the surf side as well. You probably will need a couple/few hundred pounds in the bow to lengthen the wave. I believe the plate is going to be around halfway +/- but should get close enough to tune the lip/shape

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,644

    Default

    Buy a 2010 XlV

    sorry had to do it.

    buy a 750 with the tsumani fly high 1200 pump. that should get you surfing faster without all the gi to giii plumbing
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't want to deal with filling them all the time then having to empty them to cruise around. So 750 in each back and fill the surf side up full and the other half and 400 in the front along with what's in the center?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    I don't want to deal with filling them all the time then having to empty them to cruise around. So 750 in each back and fill the surf side up full and the other half and 400 in the front along with what's in the center?
    You'll have to fill and empty a few times per day if you cruise or have people who ride regular and "darkside". Leave the opposite side ballast empty. Only fill the surf side, center, and maybe a bow sac to tune the wake. You could have an extra sac on the surf side seat if you don't have enough people to sit on the surf side seats.

  6. #6

    Default

    I want to get it all hooked into a ballast system with swithches, I just need to know how much weight and where to put it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    I don't want to deal with filling them all the time then having to empty them to cruise around. So 750 in each back and fill the surf side up full and the other half and 400 in the front along with what's in the center?
    It would be one 750 on surf side only unless you'll be switching and surfing goofy as well. You only weoight the surf side and leave the other alone generally.
    2007 Mobius LSV

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    I want to get it all hooked into a ballast system with swithches, I just need to know how much weight and where to put it.
    thant should cost you about 1200 to 1800 at the dealer, save some dough buy the bags online the dealer cost is outrageous
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    I know this question has been asked a million times but I need to know the perfect wake surfing setup for my boat (06 LSV)? My dad is getting up there in age and has fallen in love with surfing. The problem is it takes us forever to get a good wake. I have the factory center ballast hookup and that is it. If money was no object, what would you do to it? No lead but hooking up sacks in a system and how big of sacks and where? What to do with the wedge etc...
    Thanks for the help.
    I have the same boat as you. Check out the thread below for pics and set up info:

    http://moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=8677
    Al

    2006 Mobius LSV

  10. #10
    Sled491 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wbarksda View Post
    I know this question has been asked a million times but I need to know the perfect wake surfing setup for my boat (06 LSV)? My dad is getting up there in age and has fallen in love with surfing. The problem is it takes us forever to get a good wake. I have the factory center ballast hookup and that is it. If money was no object, what would you do to it? No lead but hooking up sacks in a system and how big of sacks and where? What to do with the wedge etc...
    Thanks for the help.
    the Wedge? You sure you have the right "M boat"

    I don't think your going to like the solutions here. Even with the stock pump set up it take a while to fill and empty balast. Heck the only real speed difference is the time to hook up and un hook vs flick the switch.

    And don't forget as was mentioned that you have two differnt set ups for reg vs goofy, and the same set up just switched from port to starboard doesn't always work either due to prop rotation direction

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •