Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Prop Shaft Alignment Yearly Maintenance Item

Quote Originally Posted by yotaismygame View Post
    I loosened all 4 which made a gap. You're saying the two flanges should be able to completely separate? This was not happening for me. If I applied pressure with my left and measured with my right there was no changes. So it sounds like they are stuck together? I had a big gap all the way around even when applying pressure.
    Spin the shaft from the prop end to free the coupler.

I also found the trick to closing the gap was to push the shaft in from the prop side. I could get it close on the coupler side but was able to close the gap by forcing the shaft toward the v-drive from the prop.
    2010 Moomba XLV
    340hp cat
    Gravity 3, wake plate
    Rad-a-cage

I have a love for ballast and large wakes.
    1100 v-drive lockers
    1180 under the playpen
    + lead and a collection of other ballast bags

With the nuts loose you should be able to move the prop shaft and coupler front to back the amount that you loosen the nuts. Sometimes the two couplers can be stuck and a slight bump of the engine over will free them if your boat is in the water or as mentioned above holding the prop and turning or and push pulling to free the couplers if out of the water. Sounds like your not measuring between the couplers if you have a gap when the bolts are tight
    09 21v LAUNCH

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug