Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eugene OR
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Because the Moomba line is a price point/value oriented product. It's the same reason why it doesn't come with the retractable ski pylon, swivel racks, ss rub rail, etc. standard. That's what the Supra line is for.

    I have to shake my head every time I read a post about why the Moomba doesn't have this or that feature that someone saw on a Supra, MC, Malibu, etc. Remember, we bought the Honda equivalent in the car world so we shouldn't expect it to have all the bells and whistles that the Acura, Lexus, Mercedes have.
    Al, I understand that Moomba is a price point boat. There are differnt bells and whistels that a Moomba does not have and I agree with. There are some other things that Moomba is behind the times with. I know that Malibu's old price point boat before the Axis has dual fuel points. I have not seen an Axit so I do not know if they also have dual fuel points.
    2008 Outback V
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Because the Moomba line is a price point/value oriented product. It's the same reason why it doesn't come with the retractable ski pylon, swivel racks, ss rub rail, etc. standard. That's what the Supra line is for.

    I have to shake my head every time I read a post about why the Moomba doesn't have this or that feature that someone saw on a Supra, MC, Malibu, etc. Remember, we bought the Honda equivalent in the car world so we shouldn't expect it to have all the bells and whistles that the Acura, Lexus, Mercedes have.
    AMEN already!
    2007 Moomba Outback - waiting for summer!

    Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Al, I understand that Moomba is a price point boat. There are differnt bells and whistels that a Moomba does not have and I agree with. There are some other things that Moomba is behind the times with. I know that Malibu's old price point boat before the Axis has dual fuel points. I have not seen an Axit so I do not know if they also have dual fuel points.
    Yeah, it's a tough call for the guys deciding what bells and whistles to add and what not too. The guy making these decisions at Moomba and at Malibu obviously have differing opinions. I bet that if you look hard enough, there will be something the Moomba has that the Malibu pricepoint boat does not. The hydraulic wakeplate for example is one significant feature that Moomba includes that another manufacturer might not.
    Al

    2006 Mobius LSV

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Saw this on WW today thought it was right up our alley.


    PWI as usual...

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Sooooooo......... has anyone done this yet? It's definitely something I want to do, but I dont want to be the first
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grayson, Georgia
    Posts
    1,064

    Default

    All you folks are just driving the wrong vehicles imo. My Touareg has the cap on the right side just like the LSV. Just fill it up on the lake. It was only a smoooooth 4.83 on Lanier Wednesday.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

    -John Wooden

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRAK View Post
    Sooooooo......... has anyone done this yet? It's definitely something I want to do, but I dont want to be the first
    Someone has to go first... I found this but never took it further: http://greatlakesskipper.com/product...deck-fill.html

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canton, Ga / Lake Lanier
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    All you folks are just driving the wrong vehicles imo. My Touareg has the cap on the right side just like the LSV. Just fill it up on the lake. It was only a smoooooth 4.83 on Lanier Wednesday.
    Where? I paid $4.79 at Bald Ridge.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

    Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX


    Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belton, Texas
    Posts
    2,575

    Default

    Seems like a lot of work over something pretty simple as putting gas in the tow rig before hooking your boat up and heading to lake. I may be spoiled in the fact thou that my ramp is less than 5 mins away and I pass 2 gas stations on the way. 3 if you count the marina gas


    Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

    Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

    2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    169

    Default Gas Filler on Left Side

    Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Someone has to go first...
    Fine. Wish me luck!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364993701.588875.jpg
    I can't for the life of me find that wye in this picture.....ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364993752.660140.jpg



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •