Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I think you're going to like 'em.
    I will post up how long it takes to fill all 3 bags with the original Orbit valves and then replace them with the new Irritrol valves and see how much the fill times decrease.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

    Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I will post up how long it takes to fill all 3 bags with the original Orbit valves and then replace them with the new Irritrol valves and see how much the fill times decrease.
    You will notice a decrease in fill times when filling 3 sacs, however, how often do you fill 3 sacs all at once in a day? You will notice the difference in filling one side like when you surf since the pump will be dedicated to that one sac. Also, when wakeboarding, once your center sac is filled all you're going to be doing is slightly filling or draining rear sacs to tweak the wake. Personally, I did the mod to decrease filling times for surfing...not to decrease filling all 3 sacs. I'm pretty sure that I'll never be at the level of wakeboarding to need to fill all 3 sacs to capacity.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    You will notice a decrease in fill times when filling 3 sacs, however, how often do you fill 3 sacs all at once in a day? You will notice the difference in filling one side like when you surf since the pump will be dedicated to that one sac. Also, when wakeboarding, once your center sac is filled all you're going to be doing is slightly filling or draining rear sacs to tweak the wake. Personally, I did the mod to decrease filling times for surfing...not to decrease filling all 3 sacs. I'm pretty sure that I'll never be at the level of wakeboarding to need to fill all 3 sacs to capacity.
    Every time I go wakeboarding I fill all 3 ballast bags at the same time.

    Sometimes I add another 1325lbs from external bags to make the wake even bigger. lol

    I hardly never surf anymore.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

    Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Every time I go wakeboarding I fill all 3 ballast bags at the same time.

    Sometimes I add another 1325lbs from external bags to make the wake even bigger. lol

    I hardly never surf anymore.
    I can see filling the Outback V but the weight on my XLV even empty is pretty big (even my buddy who's family owns an X-Star says it's a nice rampy wake). I've never filled my ballast full for wakeboarding...although I think it would be fun just to see what it looks like. That would be 3,000lbs of hidden ballast

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I can see filling the Outback V but the weight on my XLV even empty is pretty big (even my buddy who's family owns an X-Star says it's a nice rampy wake). I've never filled my ballast full for wakeboarding...although I think it would be fun just to see what it looks like. That would be 3,000lbs of hidden ballast
    DO IT!!!!

    You might need to go 24-25MPH to clean up the wake with all that weight but I bet it would still be fun.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

    Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    929

    Default

    I got my valves today. Can't wait for the weather to improve so that I can install them!

    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

    Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,333

    Default

    You're half way there. Looking forward to seeing your results.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I will post up how long it takes to fill all 3 bags with the original Orbit valves and then replace them with the new Irritrol valves and see how much the fill times decrease.
    Yes, please do this and make sure the test conditions are absolutely identical other than the valves. I have a feeling they don't make as much of an improvement as everyone thinks but I hope I'm wrong.

    Al
    Al

    2006 Mobius LSV

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Yes, please do this and make sure the test conditions are absolutely identical other than the valves. I have a feeling they don't make as much of an improvement as everyone thinks but I hope I'm wrong.

    Al
    I am going to use a stop watch to time how long it takes to fill all 3 bags and each bag separately with the stock valves. I will replace the valves and do the same test with the new valves and post up my results.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

    Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I am going to use a stop watch to time how long it takes to fill all 3 bags and each bag separately with the stock valves. I will replace the valves and do the same test with the new valves and post up my results.
    awesome.. can't wait to see the results
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •