Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default winterizing question

Hi everyone , i have a question for winterizing my 2007 lsv. I 'm leaving to quebec and the temps are regular minus 20 in the winter. Is it safe to drain every plug, ballast and heater or after that i need to put antifreeze inside??? I use the winterizing procedure with picture we found in the forum.

Default winterizing question

Yes drain everything , blow air through your heater hose .Then if you want.
    I then run my engine with the pump intake hose in a bucket of winterizing antifreeze until it comes out the exhaust
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Do all the draining per cab's instructions on the forum. You cna use antifreeze but it is nunecessary if you got every plug and hose drained.
    Jeff in Southern MN

2006 Mobius LSV, 325 EFI, 14.5x13.75 1615 ACME

1978 Starcraft Tri-Star 15, 90 Evinrude ETEC, 13 7/8x15 Viper

I just set up an engine flush valve and will run antifreeze into the engine. As for the ballast lines I can just unhook and blow out quickly. This will basically take me 15-20 mins with the ability to use the boat during winter storage if the weather permits. We don't get real cold for more than 3-4 hrs during the night typically though.
    2006 Outback V
    1992 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Thanks for the informations

If i put antifreeze after draining. Do we need to drain the plug against afyer i circulate antifreeze into de system ?

I will only run antifreeze into the v-drive / engine w/o draining. If you let it circulate while the engine is at operating temp and thermostat is open it should be fine all winter assuming you don't dilute the antifreeze. I've seen a guy run the boat on water until at operating temp, then switch from water to antifreeze, then wait until you see the antifreeze come out of the exhaust before moving a circulating tub to catch it.
    2006 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by bouldozer View Post
    Hi everyone , i have a question for winterizing my 2007 lsv. I 'm leaving to quebec and the temps are regular minus 20 in the winter. Is it safe to drain every plug, ballast and heater or after that i need to put antifreeze inside??? I use the winterizing procedure with picture we found in the forum.
    Vrai qu'il fait froid au Québec
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Quote Originally Posted by valleywine View Post
    I will only run antifreeze into the v-drive / engine w/o draining. If you let it circulate while the engine is at operating temp and thermostat is open it should be fine all winter assuming you don't dilute the antifreeze. I've seen a guy run the boat on water until at operating temp, then switch from water to antifreeze, then wait until you see the antifreeze come out of the exhaust before moving a circulating tub to catch it.
    Be very careful doing this, the thermostat is only starts to open at 160. Then when you introduce the cooler antifreeze the thermostat will close stoping any more water from leaving the block. The antifreeze will be diluted in the block such that you will be lucky to have -10 protection depending on the strength of antifreeze. Your manifolds and muffler will be adequately protected but not your block. FYI
    09 21v LAUNCH

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    Be very careful doing this, the thermostat is only starts to open at 160. Then when you introduce the cooler antifreeze the thermostat will close stoping any more water from leaving the block. The antifreeze will be diluted in the block such that you will be lucky to have -10 protection depending on the strength of antifreeze. Your manifolds and muffler will be adequately protected but not your block. FYI

It never gets that cold here. Maybe into the teens on occasion. Understood if you live in a colder climate.
    2006 Outback V