Results 121 to 130 of 355
11-02-2010, 11:13 PM #121Senior Member
2006 Outback V - Gone
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Cottage Grove, MN
2008 LSV - Gone
2013 other brand
11-03-2010, 01:48 AM #122
Those are marine inspection covers that you can get at most marine supply stores.1998 Mobius
310 HP PCM
11-03-2010, 07:25 AM #123
T100, was it holllow under the ski locker floor-no foam?Hey, Its Moomba time
13 Mobius LSV
08 Mobius LSV-sold
03 Mobius LSV-sold
life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart
11-03-2010, 11:17 AM #124
The floor was just over an 1/8 of an inch thick, I bought the marine inspection cover from my local boat shop for $12.00, I can get the number off the box later day, it's in the boat.
The foam was to the top of the ski locker floor, there was maybe an 1/8 of an inch between the two in some places, maybe because of freezing in the previous year I did not own the boat??
I drilled through the ski locker, then two depths of the hole saw (very carefully the second depth), I used a utility knife and cut it like a pie to remove the foam each time. I tried to keep it as clean as possible.
Just as a side note, after taking the majority of the water out, water kept coming from the rear of the boat. The foam is saturated with water and I am not sure it will be completely dry by the time I put her away for the winter. I am going to buy a couple of moisture removers from the boat shop.(Not sure what they are called)
I can tell you now that a have done this I have peace of mind over the winter !
Skiers Choice, come on, there is something obviously not right here. My front hull would have been an ice block as big as the entire foam core and more.
Last edited by T100; 11-03-2010 at 11:26 AM.2004 MOBIUS LSV
11-03-2010, 11:37 AM #12509 21v LAUNCH
run your engine after you change your oil
68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
11-03-2010, 11:41 AM #126Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
I'd pretty much signed off this forum due to switching seasonal interests, but with a few day break from hockey, thought I'd take a boo.
All thirteen pages of this thread later:
1. We have an issue. I have yet to read that it has caused a problem.
2. Where I live it gets so cold that Celsius meets Farenheit. That ain't no Rodney Dangerfieldizm. Point being that at ambient temperatures lower than thirty below, if this issue was causing freezing damage, you would have heard it on this forum from local folks.
3. When Grant pulled out 8 gallons and was still only sucking the surface, that's what got my attention. Despite the point in one post about there being some give in areas allowing for expansion, with that amount of water I don't think there would be enough expansion room.
3. the absence of any info directly from SC injected into this thread suggests:
A. Yep, it's an issue.
B. Too risky for them to comment; they are staying out of it.
4. I appreciate the handiness of many Forum members. I have a 45 yr old special interest car and I expect this kind of chatter (home made remedies to alleviate mfr design flaws) on THAT forum, but this is a modern day issue on assets we are paying tidy sums for.
Got my interest; will stay tuned. Mine's stowed away for the season, so can't check it.
'07 Outback V
11-03-2010, 01:23 PM #127(Canucklehead...your Canucks must follow this forum. They're at the top of their division now, with the Oilers at the bottom).
Maybe Skiers Chioce will pull their heads out of their behinds and respond to the issue. Thinking I may sell the boat if this is how they treat loyal customers. I love my Moomba but this is crap.
Last edited by DOCDRS; 11-03-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: for Ed2011 President's Trophy - Check
2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....
2007 Outback V
11-03-2010, 01:32 PM #128
Not saying I agree, that's just my interpretation from my selling dealer's response and SC's response thru my local dealer.Al
2006 Mobius LSV
11-03-2010, 01:34 PM #129
11-03-2010, 02:00 PM #130
I went with that location of the hole because when I looking at the belly of the boat that was the lowest point in the dip of the bow under the boat. As I shop vac-ed the water out, I raised and lowered the bow of the boat to get the flow of the water to move. That is why I noted the water was surprisingly coming from the rear of the boat after the majority of the water was vacuumed out.
DOCDRS I am considering installing a bilge pump, that is way I went with the 6" access hole.
Last edited by T100; 11-03-2010 at 02:28 PM.2004 MOBIUS LSV