Results 1 to 10 of 132
03-07-2011, 11:28 AM #1
Spring Projects: Who is doing what?
I've got a bunch of stuff on the way, and I can't wait to get started and back into boating season.
Here is my to-do list, so far:
- Install transom LED (thanks again for the group buy newty!)
- Install Exile interior speakers (thanks again Brian!)
- Install new LED switches
- Re-do Kicker Dual Zone Volume control and Sub volume knobs
- More interior LEDs
- Blue LEDs for guages
All of this stuff is either sitting here, or in the mail. Needless to say I've gone on a bit of a shopping spree this week, haha.
So, my plan is to use some nice push button switches to create a new switch panel in the area marked by the red box:
Also on the list is to get rid of ^^that^^ depth sounder and get a round guage that also reads water temp, in the factory guage location.
The layout will be something like this (not to scale):
I plan to make a template on paper with the proper spacing, then use it to drill pilot holes in the fiber glass for each individual switch/knob, then mounth each piece into the hull individually, rather than making a piece that will screw into the boat as one, I think this will look much cleaner. I'm also thinking that I'll switch out the Kicker knobs for something in Stainless or AL, to match the switches.
This is what the push button switches look like. I got 'em on eBay and they are coming from Hong Kong, so it will probably be a long wait, lol:
If I'm able to sell my Kenwood Head Unit I also plan to switch to an Alpine unit, as I like their remote with the LCD screen, and the option of having a wireless RF remote, and the 3 sets of 4V pre-outs.
03-07-2011, 11:43 AM #2
gave my boat a bunch of stereo love last year, so it's the trailer's turn this year
-new fulton winch
-new f2 jack
-new boat buckles
-new non-skid black matting(thinking about sea-dek)
-new guidepole covers
-new boat numbering'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten
03-07-2011, 12:28 PM #3
Ok... here we go.
1. install stereo upgrade consisting of 4 SXT65's, 6 SX65C's, Harpoon 1K, Kenwood KMR-700U, Kicker Dual zone control, and build a new amp rack with wiring upgrades.
2. Install perfect Pass Stargazer
3. Install IBS system
4. Install Transon Led, (thanks Newty!!)
5. Install leds in boat purchased from Oznium
6. Install spare tire mount on trailer
7. Put at least 75 hours on the boat this summer enjoying all the hard work i put into it!!2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!
03-07-2011, 12:51 PM #4
03-07-2011, 12:57 PM #5
got mine from boatmate. jerry is the bomb. came colormatched to the trailer and looks just like it was ordered from day one'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM #6
1. sea dek transom pad.
2. 4 port heater install ( going need the forums help)
3. New manifold and IBS ballast config. ( old sprinkler system, dual pump fill)
4. line hlcd's with dynamat
Maybe the transom led, but doubtful for this year.A Day at the Lake...Priceless
A Day in Powder...Endless
2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
2007 Outback V ~ sold
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM #7
Hell i don't need the booze taco bell will do it all on its own!! lol or a night of draft beer and clamato juice..2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!
03-07-2011, 04:18 PM #8
03-07-2011, 04:27 PM #9
03-07-2011, 04:51 PM #10
Getting ready to do the third incarnation of the stereo system. Since I already have the Exile SXT65's and Harpoon I'll be adding the following;
Exile Xi800.4 amp for the Polk MoMo cabins
Exile Xi1500.1 amp for the Exile sub & box
Custom battery enclosure
Tower & cabin volume control
Upgrading main system power wire to 1/0 gauge
Tsunami voltage display distribution block
Maybe some additional LED work if funds permit
Just waiting on the weather to turn a bit2007 Mobius LSV