Not a modification, but this just arrived (another thing I forgot that I ordered, lol) I can't wait to test it out!
Results 31 to 40 of 132
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM #31
03-08-2011, 05:21 PM #32
you'll love that stuff. does take some effort, but works amazing. you won't be able to do a small spot. once you do, it'll stand out to do the whole interior don't forget that you need to protect after you do it. I like babes cause it smells amazing..'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten
03-08-2011, 05:37 PM #33
1. Having removed all the snap clips and painting the frames, I laid the cover over the boat.
2. I used the velcro on the bow cover to hold the front in place, and I loosely attatched the straps on the back of the cover to keep it in place.
3. I made sure the cover was perfectly centered and the cover was laying right where it was supposed to be.
4. One at a time I reinstalled the snaps right under the cover snaps and snapped them in place.
5. I then tightened the rear cover straps down.
6. One at a time I went back and unsnapped, and squirted superglue through the middle of the snap clip, making sure not to get glue on the snap itself, but also ensuring that the glue was starting to seep out from under the clip.
7. Snapped it together and moved to the new snap.
8. Although overlooked it is often the most important step in any boat mod... You must have a cold beer and admire your work while it dries.
I ran all season with no issues and no scratched frames, and I tow with my snap covers all the time.
Super easy fix and a cure to scratched frames. I wish I had done it when it was new.
As for my Mods this year,
Going to the 3 pump 1" ballast
4 SXT65's to complement the tower
Dumping the two kicker 10" and shoehorning 2 JL 12W6's in there somewhere.
Delete carpet add seadek, Hydroturf, Nuteak. This is going to take some work but I think I'll be much happier in the long run.
I'd like to do some LED's in the Z-5.
PWI as usual...
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM #34
speak from experience.. 1-12w6 will rock your boat'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten
03-08-2011, 06:33 PM #35Originally Posted by newty
03-08-2011, 07:23 PM #36
03-08-2011, 07:44 PM #37
The more I read this string...the more I see a stereo upgrade in my future...Alot of great ideas.Pat L
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM #38
03-09-2011, 09:21 AM #39
03-09-2011, 09:48 AM #40
That would be a fantastic upgrade... have you estimated the cost? How will you deal with the removeable panels? Maybe you could get Seadek to make a kit using your boat as a template.Dan
08 LSV Mods