Results 1 to 10 of 31
Thread: Prop Shaft Coupler Removal
06-29-2011, 10:23 AM #1
Prop Shaft Coupler Removal
Here is a spare prop shaft and coupler I have and will show the coupler removal.
Tools 5/8" wrenches
3/16" allen wrench
1 1/16" or 1" socket
1. unscrew allen holding screw on coupler
2. remove 5/8" coupler bolts
3. push coupler away from vdrive and insert 1 or 1 1/16 socket and loosen coupler shaft bolt
4. insert 13 /16 socket over shaft between shaft and vdrive plate , reinstall 2 coupler bolts and tighten slowly 1/16 turn at a time to pop coupler free from shaft.
5. remove coupler bolts, unscrew coupler shaft bolt, slide coupler off WATCH FOR COUPLER SHAFT KEY.
you will want to use shallow sockets due to space between coupler and vdrive but the illustration below gives you the idea
Last edited by DOCDRS; 06-29-2011 at 10:30 AM.09 21v LAUNCH
99 Outback LS. Sold
run your engine after you change your oil
68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies