Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Medicine hat Alberta
    Posts
    373

    Default Black tower moomba lettering???

    The little lettering on the tower of my 2010 mobius are falling out...most are now missing. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    2010 möbius ls "you ain't fallin you ain't learning"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    The little lettering on the tower of my 2010 mobius are falling out...most are now missing. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Yours is a newer and different model than mine, so may not be best comparison. Nonetheless, if these are the letter to which you refer, have not had any of them fall out of the cross piece on my Outback tower.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    Stuart

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,491

    Default

    Mine are painted on. I used a sharpie to fill in any voids.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Medicine hat Alberta
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Ya Deerfield those are the same as on my mobius and mine are falling out...only 30 hrs on the boat...they are a solid piece of some kind of he'll or something...kinda dumb that they fell out
    2010 möbius ls "you ain't fallin you ain't learning"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    5,629

    Default

    Maybe that was a 2010 change i missed as well. Up till then the tower emblem for Moomba was engraved and painted black at the tower company. Its just paint up though the 2009 models. Can you post a picture?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    My 2010 came with the 3D lettering on the tower as shown in the pictures by deerfield. I scraped mine off and they were a bugger to get off. I put a set of racks onto each of those crossbars and I couldn't adjust the spacing of the tines with the 3D lettering in the way so I removed them. I wish mine had fallen off, it took hours of scraping to get rid of mine...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    5,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    My 2010 came with the 3D lettering on the tower as shown in the pictures by deerfield. I scraped mine off and they were a bugger to get off. I put a set of racks onto each of those crossbars and I couldn't adjust the spacing of the tines with the 3D lettering in the way so I removed them. I wish mine had fallen off, it took hours of scraping to get rid of mine...
    Right the ones in Deerfield are etched and painted. There not 3 demensional. There inset into the tower bar meaning there Etched into the metal.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Acworth, GA
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Right the ones in Deerfield are etched and painted. There not 3 demensional. There inset into the tower bar meaning there Etched into the metal.
    Right well the ones we had are 3D and are in the same place as deerfields...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Had the lettering on my tower as well. A couple of the letters were missing, so AWS removed them all when I was purchasing the boat. It would be nice to have the lettering in there, but I haven't spent too much time worrying about it this summer.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    5,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    Right well the ones we had are 3D and are in the same place as deerfields...
    Cool i was maybe misunderstanding your description lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •