Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling the Z

Default Selling the Z

So now we have to sell our 370Z and get something that we can cram a car seat into. Looking into a Ford Explorer but open to other good domestic mid to full sized SUVs around the same price. Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

CONGRATS!

soon you will have 2 and a mini van

how much for the Z?
    Drew
    2015 Supra SG

Default Selling the Z

Yeah, the minivan is NOT gonna happen. Explorer is as close as we are getting to that!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

just wait . . . .

Heidi will have one in her arms, one in the stroller and pushing the grocery cart when she looks over and sees how easy the other Mom has it with doors automatically sliding wide open and the rear hatch going up to get everyone & everything loaded.
    Drew
    2015 Supra SG

Default Selling the Z

What's funny here is that you think the no mini van rule was MY idea lol

Sent from my iPhone
    David

We can do gull wings on an explorer! Lol. Congrats man! That's awesome. Have you considered a tahoe? We love ours and it's been a very dependable ride with limited maintenance for over 11 years. Tows awesome too.

PWI as usual...

Default Selling the Z

Sounds a lot like Jill.
    Matt
    2012 LSV

Default Selling the Z

Looked at them but to get one in the mileage and year models we want we would have to go way over our budget and they don't do as well on fuel. But if we could find one that fit our requirements we would definitely consider it

Sent from my iPhone
    David

What year range of Exploder are you looking for? I used to have a 2004 XLT and while I typically hate domestic SUV's, I had to say that MY explorer was one of a kind and one of the best looking ones I'd ever seen... (dropped, billet grills, tint, 20" wheels, factory monochrome paint). It was a decent rig.

What's driving you to get a "domestic SUV"? There's so many options out there, the choices are staggering if you add in Honda, Acura, BMW, etc.

What are your goals for this vehicle? Are you planning on towing with it? Because if you're not, then what the heck do you need an SUV for? It's not like you are ever going to use the 4wd in Texas, are you?. For road trips?

I guess the idea of "you can fit a carseat" is open to SO many vehicles, I'm curious what your other wants are that lead you to an Exploder as your first choice??? Personally, I don't have any desire to have an SUV. I drive a 340hp V8 AWD Euro wagon (Audi S6 Avant). So I get all the cargo space of an SUV, I get heated leather front and rear, heated steering wheel, the speed/performance/handing of a sportscar... The only thing I can't do is tow. But we have the wife's truck for that. So I'm trying to understand what draws you to the SUV, and even more so, why domestic?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2000 Jeep Wrangler rock crawler), 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I like the oddity of the Jeep Wrangler including the four door even though it can't tow crap.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM