Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moomba's and Whiskey- A few of my favorite things

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume there are some Moomba owners that also like a drab of America's finest distilled spirit; Bourbon. Anyone out there share the same enthusiasm? It's on my mind since I just secured 3 bottles of Pappy 20yr and my first inclination was to have a glass on the Mondo after a great day of surfing (in dock of course), I just wished she wasn't already winterized... life can be cruel some times.

Any other favorite bourbons out there you'd like to share that compliment?
    Moomba Mondo '14

"Livin the dream"

Wow! you give up your first born for those? I stick with the cheap stuff, Blanton's
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Excellent choice... Hardly cheap (in comparison to most), but it is definitely a favorite on the dock. I actually got the Pappy's at retail, after a 1.5 year wait... well worth it!
    Moomba Mondo '14

"Livin the dream"

Your screen name makes perfect sense all of a sudden
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

2001 MobiusV

my only whiskey experience...

at the tender age of 21 I received a pint of canadian club and 2 glasses in a gift set for a work xmas exchange- this was in 1989. my last move to green bay uncovered the boxed set in a closet in 2013 after many many moves. rather than move it again, I bestowed the treasure to one of my good friends that I boated with for years who has a love for whiskey and in exchange, I received several photos of them enjoying a glass on a dock at my favorite lake after an afternoon of slalom skiing.

I don't partake in any kind of hard liquor so it would have continued to age. I feel that after 24 years, I ended up with the better end of the deal with pics of a good bud enjoying what he loves...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I come to learn.

Drink whiskey but don't know much about it. Usually default to something like Gentleman Jack or Woodford Reserve ... whatever catches my eye on the higher shelf I suppose.

What should I be trying and where do I buy? What are the different styles/tastes of good whiskey?
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Default Re: Moomba's and Whiskey- A few of my favorite things

Try bullet, very smooth, I like it better than woodford and in the same price range..
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Try bullet, very smooth, I like it better than woodford and in the same price range..
    I actually threw an empty bottle of that away 2 nights ago. I probably agree on the Woodford comparison.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Turkey drinker here, Gobble Gobble.

I recently started to collect Texas made liquors including whiskeys. Rebeccas Creek, Whitmeyers, .36, 1835 ect
    David

2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

Default Re: Moomba's and Whiskey- A few of my favorite things

I'm restrict myself to only Coors light now, everything else gives me a wicked hangover.
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV