Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    7,055

    Default

    Just wait to thank me when that song is rolling around your head for hours while you're running down the tracks.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Just wait to thank me when that song is rolling around your head for hours while you're running down the tracks.
    I don't even need to say it.....
    06 Supra 24 Gravity Games

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Newty, are you looking at a conductor job or locomotive engineer?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    RR has some great retirement benefits. Thats about all I know ...

    well other than Dusty's Mom having a lot of experience running trains. Might PM her.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Newty, are you looking at a conductor job or locomotive engineer?
    Conductor/Switchman


    PWI as usual...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Conductor/Switchman
    I see. I'm going to be retiring from my first career in about 8-9 months and a couple childhood friends of mine that work for BNSF say they can assist me in getting an entry level position on the locomotives. I hope I can get on the railroad as well.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canton, Ga / Lake Lanier
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    RR has some great retirement benefits. Thats about all I know ...

    well other than Dusty's Mom having a lot of experience running trains. Might PM her.
    LMAO! BOOM!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

    Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX


    Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I see. I'm going to be retiring from my first career in about 8-9 months and a couple childhood friends of mine that work for BNSF say they can assist me in getting an entry level position on the locomotives. I hope I can get on the railroad as well.
    You get the typical doom and gloom speech about how bad the job is, working all the time, hours, etc... but you never hear guys that work there complaining.

    Excellent pay, benifits, and retirement. I hear a good union too but I've never work in any unions so I wouldn't know.


    PWI as usual...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    My father works for union pacific as a conductor/switchmen. He will have been there a year in January, he likes it and the pay is good. He is trained to be a conductor and did it for some time in his training but now works in one of the yards remotely controlling locomotives and putting trains together. He went this route because it enables him to be home everyday instead of pulling a load somewhere staying in a hotel and coming back the next day or sometimes getting stock somewhere for a day or two. When he first started a yard job he was on call all the time and it got to the point where he hated anytime the phone rang because you could work 1st shift one day and 3rd shift the next. He has a regular job now working 2nd shift wed-sun. At union pacific you can pick your job/assignment based on seniority so if somebody senior to you likes your job he can bump you off your job and you have to find an open job or bump someone below you, in the first few month he was getting bumped quite a bit. Safety is a huge deal from what he tells me and is the easiest way to get fired.
    -2012 Supra 21v
    Wetsounds Rev10's, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds XS-12, Alpine MRP-M500,
    JL Audio JX360/4, Polk MM651 Interiors
    -2008 Mobius LSV

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    2,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    My father works for union pacific as a conductor/switchmen. He will have been there a year in January, he likes it and the pay is good. He is trained to be a conductor and did it for some time in his training but now works in one of the yards remotely controlling locomotives and putting trains together. He went this route because it enables him to be home everyday instead of pulling a load somewhere staying in a hotel and coming back the next day or sometimes getting stock somewhere for a day or two. When he first started a yard job he was on call all the time and it got to the point where he hated anytime the phone rang because you could work 1st shift one day and 3rd shift the next. He has a regular job now working 2nd shift wed-sun. At union pacific you can pick your job/assignment based on seniority so if somebody senior to you likes your job he can bump you off your job and you have to find an open job or bump someone below you, in the first few month he was getting bumped quite a bit. Safety is a huge deal from what he tells me and is the easiest way to get fired.
    Thats what I've heard, thanks for the response.


    PWI as usual...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •