Results 1 to 3 of 3
06-06-2012, 11:34 PM #1
Which Battery Charger and to which Battery?
Just got a 200 hour 2002 LSV and I am going to install;
- a second "House" battery - Group 27 or Group 31 depending on the enclosure I can get and physical size
- Blue Seas ACR -- Which One?
- Should I change to a larger altenator?
- Which onboard charger? C-Tek or ProSport 20?
- Which battery do I hook the charger up to? House? Starting? Both?
- Can a ProSport 20 be used as a battery tender/maintainer for long periods of time?
Thanks for any help, Eric (starting to feel like a pro around here with 3 posts already!)
06-07-2012, 04:15 PM #2
I think most people go with the ProSport 12, though I don't have one so take that for what it's worth.1985 Supra Sunsport Skier
06-11-2012, 11:34 AM #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Regarding #3, what alternator is in your 2002 LSV now? In the 2005 model year that I have, the 310 and 325 HP engines had a 70-something Amp alternator, while the 340 had a 90A model. If you already have something around a 90A model, you probably have "lots", as opposed to "adequate only for original configuration".2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini