Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 165

Thread: Exiled...

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    For a second there I thought it said "GA POWER". LOL!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lake Houston
    Posts
    656

    Default

    DB8014 i think is the 4 spot ground (http://www.midtownsounds.com/db8014.html), which I think you could just use two of those (one power one ground) but if you have to have a fused power dist block take a look at http://www.midtownsounds.com/tsfdb4-manl.html

    The title is a little confusing because it says (4) 4ga or 8ga out, but then you read the descrition, it says (2) 4ga out and (2) 8ga out. So Im not sure, but this should get you started.

    It looks like Ian used 2x of the DB8014, but not sure. Maybe he can confirm.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    On this boat we did the sole ACR. On my boat I did the Add-A-Battery and have never needed the switch, so I just left the factory switch in place this time around.

    The factory switch is not capable of separating/combining 2 batteries, it is merely an on/off for the start battery.
    Ian, so you can add an ACR to the factory, one-battery set-up and it will function correctly, without the new switch? I want to add a battery, but don't want to change the switch if not necessary. Anyone else running an ACR with the factory , one-battery, on-off switch?
    Jeff

    2012 Outback V

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    Ian, so you can add an ACR to the factory, one-battery set-up and it will function correctly, without the new switch? I want to add a battery, but don't want to change the switch if not necessary. Anyone else running an ACR with the factory , one-battery, on-off switch?
    Jeff,
    I hesitate to get started on this subject because it can get complicated.
    I prefer using the 5511e Blue Sea dual circuit switch in conjunction with any ACR/VSR. There are multiple applications when the switch is needed to manually circumvent the ACR/VSR. It could be for AC shore charging when you want truly isolated battery banks. It could be on a very large audio system with a very large stereo battery bank after a long playtime at rest and as a result the functionality of the ACR/VSR has been exceeded and it won't combine. It could be during for a long weekend at a distant destination where you may be camping and have no access to AC shore power.
    You can do many of the same functions with a rewiring of a conventional dual battery switch but the function won't match the switch nomenclature and that would be more than a pain.
    A simple On/Off battery switch can facilitate one additional function but can't duplicate the multiple functions of a 5511e.
    So there's my vote.

    David
    Earmark Marine

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Ian is this the seletor you added to the ACR?

    David, I assume this 4 position would work 1, 2, 1+2 and off

    http://bluesea.com/products/6007 i believ this is what is installed with my 12 XLV with the pro mariner sport 20 charger.. i too would like the acr as i had the bepVSr in the old boat.


    hijack over continue exile install thread
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    newnan, GA
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Are bow speakers not offered on the 2013 standard?

    2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lake Houston
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    Are bow speakers not offered on the 2013 standard?

    2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

    Bow speakers on the 13 are an option. Not standard.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lake Houston
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Ian is this the seletor you added to the ACR?

    David, I assume this 4 position would work 1, 2, 1+2 and off

    http://bluesea.com/products/6007 i believ this is what is installed with my 12 XLV with the pro mariner sport 20 charger.. i too would like the acr as i had the bepVSr in the old boat.


    hijack over continue exile install thread
    That switch you see in Ian's picture is the stock dual battery switch that comes on the 13.
    Last edited by lewisb13; 09-13-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    6,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Bow speakers on the 13 are an option. Not standard.
    bow speakers haven't been standard for a couple of years.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    That switch you see in Ian's picture is the stock dual battery switch that comes on the 13.
    Yep thats the one , will it work with the onboard dual charger?, I guess I have to wait until Ian installes that piece
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •