Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

That was a present from the Christmas spam fairy. Should be gone now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

Will Moomba ever offer a rear facing bench seat? I love the Mojo and think this would be a cool option.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Will Moomba ever offer a rear facing bench seat? I love the Mojo and think this would be a cool option.
    IN time you never know they might go back to one. My thinking is it will be a few years as they just redid the interiors of the boats and modeled them after the 2012 release of the Mojo. The biggest concern is the rear bench now extends accross the entire back of the boat. I have to say this is one of my least favorite changes.

I dont like when i got o clean the boat that i have to wrangle the whole back seat now. I also dont like how flimsey it is and as another person thought, maybe you can resposition seats and set it across the middle of the boat. Not going to happen without some sort of support. It will simply break in half with anymore then 50lbs on it i think.

Several boats have options for a rear facing seat but honestly when you look at all of them, they destroy any room in the center of the boat. No long can anyone sit on the sides and put their feet down. This seat is only good if people all sit facing the back and no onere sits in the middle like you normally would.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

Default 2013 Moomba Mojo Review

Our 2010 XLV has a convertible bench. It can be slid to the middle of the boat and then has support poles so you can put a side cushion from the boat on the supports for a backrest. We have used it a few times but It does seem to eat up a lot of the floorspace of the boat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454711.041486.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454725.902626.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454754.885302.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454780.218455.jpg
    2010 Moomba XLV
    340hp cat
    Gravity 3, wake plate
    Rad-a-cage

I have a love for ballast and large wakes.
    1100 v-drive lockers
    1180 under the playpen
    + lead and a collection of other ballast bags

Default 2013 Moomba Mojo Review

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    Our 2010 XLV has a convertible bench. It can be slid to the middle of the boat and then has support poles so you can put a side cushion from the boat on the supports for a backrest. We have used it a few times but It does seem to eat up a lot of the floorspace of the boat.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454711.041486.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454725.902626.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454754.885302.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360454780.218455.jpg
    That's a really cool feature. Cheap way to accomplish what the MC does

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM7, Exile SXT65Q, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

Boone, so that's what it will look like.

i have yet to use that option on the xlv , nor did we use it on the obv...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

if i had a seat back attachment for mine i would use it more often for sure
    David

2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM7, Exile SXT65Q, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Nope, not going to agree. The XLV was the worst. While the Mojo was not designed as a slalom boat, I have had a high-level slalom skier behind a Mojo who stated it was "decent" for recreational skiing. Setup was zero ballast, crew towards/in bow and wakeplate 100% down at 34 mph.
    Hi guys, late to this thread...but wanted to chime in on the slalom conversation. We have been running a 2005 Moomba Outback (direct drive) for years. We are big into hydrofoiling and some wakeboarding, but also are very strong recreational skiers that want the least possible wake for those dawn and dusk runs across the glass. I'd tried a few "cross over" boats, but never found one that I thought had a wake that was "at least as good as my Outback"...in a price range I would even remotely consider. (Most recently I'd tried slalom skiing behind a Supra 21V and it was awful--not a cross-over, but I wanted to try it anyway. I knew it would be bad, but was surprised at HOW bad.)

End of 2012, I got talked into taking a set behind a Mojo. I'd spoken with the SC dealer up in Connecticut who skied on a Mojo all summer and loved it. He and his buds were big time slalom skiers in former lives and he told me they they had a blast skiing behind the Mojo, and found the wake to be especially sweet at 22 or 28 off. So I decided to give it a try.

When I finally saw it I literally laughed out loud thinking it must be a joke that such a large boat (looks especially huge on the trailer) could produce a respectable slalom wake. But I was way wrong. Zero ballast, Plate down, 15-off, 34mph, Acme 14" prop, and the wake was excellent! Every bit as good as our Outback direct drive. Maybe better. It wasn't that it was visibly "small", but it was so aerated that it was very soft and buttery and had very little launch or impact. We frickin' LOVED it and ordered one immediately. Arrives from factory in April. Can't wait!

OK, I just noticed that I'd posted a similar comment on this exact thread back in December! DOH. Age is a b!tch.

Quote Originally Posted by slingo View Post
    Every bit as good as our Outback direct drive. Maybe better.
    what? seriously? can you take a video and post it? that's it I have to shred behind this thing!
    2008 OBV GIII PP Evolution Cover
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow GT 40
    I ski on a Radar Vice and I'm attracted to shiny things that float