Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 193
  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    5,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    . I do wish the IBS was larger.
    This is why im thinking of running my 2 450s in the nose, just daisey them together so they run off the single pump and drain still. Not sure if it will work but worth a try. I have no desire to only run 1 eighter.

    With the IBS full i still have so much extra room in the bow LOL.

    My goal is the same as yours Drew, i dont want a bag in my walkway, or a bag i have to manually fill eighter.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    6,756

    Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    This is why im thinking of running my 2 450s in the nose, just daisey them together so they run off the single pump and drain still. Not sure if it will work but worth a try.
    Maybe I'll give that a shot this weekend. I'm sure it will fill fine, but not sure about draining. I did get one of the cube bags with the handles on it to throw around and it helped but I hated throwing the pump over the side & having the kids bang it on the side pulling it in. If chaining them together works, I may do that to this cube and hide it in the space behind the observers seat.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Clearlake Tx
    Posts
    10

    Default

    What prop are you running?....thanks
    2012 MOOMBA MOJO 345hp Surf Motor! Gravity III/ Engine water strainer, Heater, Acme 1235 prop upgrade, 2 Wetsounds Rev 10, Wetsounds Syn 4 amp, 12in Kicker substation with amp, Blue LED lights under ski platform, cup holders, speakers and Rev 10 rings! 1100 rear ballast bags, 650 IBS integrated into factory pumps.

    TEAM LOCKHART
    2005 Moomba LSV (traded on MOJO)

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    6,756

    Default Mojo Surf Ballast Setup

    Cant remember. Whatever the upgraded one is from the factory.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    560

    Default

    The recommended upgrade is the Acme 1235.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake Anna, VA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I sent a long note yesterday with questions and info, but it still hasn't posted, will retype here and if it pops up later, you'll know what happened...

    Picked up new Mojo two weekends ago. LOVE IT, but so far unable to get any sort of a 'surfable' wake using the factory ballast and wakeplate, no matter how we've configured it. So looking for suggestions. REALLY appreciate all the info posted here!! That said, I'm sort of miffed that a "surf boat" isn't surfable somewhat right out of the box...even just a recreational wave. I surfed last summer behind a stock MB B52 v23 last year (2,300lbs ridged self-filling ballast) and it had a pretty good wave with no aftermarket ballast and only 4 medium-sized people in the boat.

    We have the 345 surf engine with the upgraded Acme prop option and so far I've learned the Mojo does like a lot of nose weight, but the stock 500 tank doesn't appear to be enough. We seem to get close to a surfable wake at 10.7mph with the front tank full, and back port bag (650lbs) full, and a couple of bodies on the port side. But can't create a wave that we can can actually surf. We are currently using a 2011 Hyperlite Broadcast board, which came highly recommended, so that shouldn't be a big problem. Thoughts? Would really appreciate any ideas.

    I would HOPE I don't have to buy another $1500 in bags and manual pumps to get a surfable wave.

    p.s. The Footers Edge dot com has really good info about configuring ballast. See their Ballast guide PDF.

    Thanks!
    Steve
    Last edited by slingo; 04-17-2013 at 02:00 PM.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    5,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slingo View Post
    I sent a long note yesterday with questions and info, but it still hasn't posted, will retype here and if it pops up later, you'll know what happened...

    Picked up new Mojo two weekends ago. LOVE IT, but so far unable to get any sort of a 'surfable' wake using the factory ballast and wakeplate, no matter how we've configured it. So looking for suggestions. REALLY appreciate all the info posted here!! That said, I'm sort of miffed that a "surf boat" isn't surfable somewhat right out of the box...even just a recreational wave. I surfed last summer behind a stock MB B52 v23 last year (2,300lbs ridged self-filling ballast) and it had a pretty good wave with no aftermarket ballast and only 4 medium-sized people in the boat.

    We have the 345 surf engine with the upgraded Acme prop option and so far I've learned the Mojo does like a lot of nose weight, but the stock 500 tank doesn't appear to be enough. We seem to get close to a surfable wake at 10.7mph with the front tank full, and back port bag (650lbs) full, and a couple of bodies on the port side. But can't create a wave that we can can actually surf. We are currently using a 2011 Hyperlite Broadcast board, which came highly recommended, so that shouldn't be a big problem. Thoughts? Would really appreciate any ideas.

    I would HOPE I don't have to buy another $1500 in bags and manual pumps to get a surfable wave.

    p.s. The Footers Edge dot com has really good info about configuring ballast. See their Ballast guide PDF.

    Thanks!
    Steve
    Steve Congratz on the new Mojo, looking sharp man.

    I am going to assume you have the 650 in the rear of the boat yes?

    Out of the Box the Mojo will surf but you have to remember that out of the box this boat has to deal with a Factory Load rating, and this takes into account the ballast and PEOPLE so the Factory wont put a slamming 2500LBS system in this boat.

    Although through my dealer i got to upgrade the rears to 1100 and add an IBS.

    First lets start with whats your surfers weight?
    Pic of the wave would be awesome to see if its dialed in correctly.

    As for factory setup, to maximize what you have you will need to fill hard tank, fill port side rear, and prolly 30% on Starboard rear. This will add more weight in the back of the boar to make the wave pop up and push a little better.

    Also tell me what you feel when you surf?

    Does it feel like your constantly on the front of your board trying to speed up?
    If so try more wake plate on the boat
    Try moving your back foot slightly forward
    Move your front foot near the front 8inches of the board
    Slow the boat down by .2mph in increments

    10.7 is pretty fast for a stock wave, the problem with a stock wave it will be shorter, and the pocket will be small and tight but its there.

    Want to experiment before you invest in bags, take your starboard bag, fill it and toss it in the nose and watch how the wave changes, or you can also tell people to sit up there momentary.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake Anna, VA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    MM, thanks for the super fast reply! Yes, we have the standard 650lb backs in each of the back lockers. We've played with varied fill amounts in the other bag (yes, it does help to have ~30-50% in the starboard bag), varied speeds from 9 up to 12, varied plate positions and can't seem to produce a wave that anyone can stay on...including experienced surfers (not world class boat surfers...just guys who have surfed other boats and beaches and have some knowledge).

    If I replace the rear 650 bags with 1100 bags, will that get me something?

    (btw, what is "IBS"?)

    Thanks!
    Steve

  9. #59
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    5,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slingo View Post
    MM, thanks for the super fast reply! Yes, we have the standard 650lb backs in each of the back lockers. We've played with varied fill amounts in the other bag (yes, it does help to have ~30-50% in the starboard bag), varied speeds from 9 up to 12, varied plate positions and can't seem to produce a wave that anyone can stay on...including experienced surfers (not world class boat surfers...just guys who have surfed other boats and beaches and have some knowledge).

    If I replace the rear 650 bags with 1100 bags, will that get me something?

    (btw, what is "IBS"?)

    Thanks!
    Steve
    Also to note the Broadcast is a Slower heavier board, this is why its such a great beginner board. I personally havnt rode it but i have the Ride Board in my quiver and i cant surf it unless i remove the rear center fin to speed the board up.

    Yes 1100 in the rear will help tremendously if your not running a lot of nose weight. It will make the wave steeper giving it more push or power but it wont help the pocket length.

    IBS integrated bow sack for under your bow seats.

    Personally i cant say for sure, as i haven't surfed my idea in my theory yet. Next time we go out <hopefully> this next week we are going to take the 1100 out of the rear and add the 650 back and weight the nose to 1500 and see how it surfs. With my visual testing the wave is much nicer with only a 650 in the rear and a heavy nose but like i said i haven't surfed it yet. If its a stellar set up ill be posting TONS of pics and video to prove this point, but as of right now i cant say its better at all.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake Anna, VA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Wow, 1500lbs in the nose...watch out for rollers coming at you when you're slowing down!

    What's the 411 on pumps? The stock ones seem to take quite a while to fill. If I change out the stern 650s for 1100s, It'll take a VERY long time to fill them. Is it advisable to put in a higher volume pump? Additional pumps?

    I'll try taking off the middle fin on my Hyperlite Broadcast and see how that works. IS there a better "intermediate" board I should look at? And what size? I'm 6'5" 200lbs, and my wife is 5'5" 135lbs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •