You guys are killing me!
I started by asking about a simple switch move after reading about the OTRATTW custom switches and now I just sent WakeMakers an email asking about getting a whole new system of pumps, lines and bags!!
I feel like I didn't just buy a boat, I joined some kind of cult!!!!
Eric (blurry eyed and credit card out).
Results 31 to 40 of 100
11-12-2012, 11:34 PM #31
11-12-2012, 11:37 PM #32
11-13-2012, 10:45 AM #33
Drink the koolaid.
It's fortified with ballast, stereo, leds, and props.Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.
11-13-2012, 12:22 PM #34
11-13-2012, 01:20 PM #35
11-13-2012, 02:33 PM #36
Ok, so now....
If I gut my pumps and bags and go with all new stuff and ignoring the price difference....
What I don't like reading about the reversibles is;
- They dump out of the fill thru-hull - Seems like they will be left on a lot
- The impellers burn out easier?
- They are slower?
And how do I figure out what bags will fit?
11-13-2012, 02:49 PM #37
1) couple one way valves and a couple tee fittings and they can be plumbed to drain out the side's, wakemakers can give some more details on that, put my understanding was it was pretty simple
2) no idea, have not had mine long enough yet, impellers will be a maintence item and need replaced at some point
3) they seem to fill/empty about 100lb per minute
Bag size-- measure the compartment width, height and length and find a bag that close to that sizeHey, Its Moomba time
13 Mobius LSV
08 Mobius LSV-sold
03 Mobius LSV-sold
life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart
11-13-2012, 07:10 PM #38
1) I like that idea. Help to keep from burning them up accidentally for sure.
2) I'm sure aerators die eventually too, just haven't experienced it yet.
3) Real world fill time for my T-1200 is about 7.5min for a 1100 surf bag so roughly 145lb per min?
Other thing that swayed me toward aerators over reversibles is power draw. I can run the pumps to drain three bags at once, plus use a 4th handheld pump to drain bags on seats/floor, all while sitting there with no engine running.
Daze- I'm guessing you can run reversibles at the same time too but due to more power draw do you have to have the engine running or have any worries around that?Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.
11-13-2012, 07:23 PM #39
2. You only burn the impeller up if you let the pump run a long time dry. You can buy replacement impellers and get the Green kind and have no reall worries.
3. I found on my setup they were very fast with 1inch lines.
I will admit i am more paranoid with the Reversables and pay a lot more attention when draining.
Areators IDK i just hit drain and shut them off when ever i get around to it
As for Power use, Yes the Reversables use about 8xs the power an Areator will use. I had 2 in my boat and never really worried about running the engine while they filled or drained, but i also run 3 batteries.
I know a lot of the newer boats with Reversables actually make you run the boat or the pump wont turn on and off.
2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
6 SX65M Cabins
6 XM9 Towers
1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
1 XI 1K Harpoon
2 XI 800.4
1 XI 2500.1
2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover
11-13-2012, 07:56 PM #40
Ok, so after spending way too much time trying to figure out what to get so I can update my switches....
- Two New Reversible Ballast Pumps for the rear bags
- Use the existing Rule plumbed to only the front center locker bag
- Change out the front center locker bag dump pump to a new 1100 or 1200 Aerator pump
- Five new switches - Three for the bags, one for the amps, one future (possibly a cross-over pump for the rears)
- Two new 750 sacs for the rear
- Possibly a new bag for the ski locker - all in at this point!
Bryan from WakeMasters sent a link to the WakeMAKERS.com Complete 640GPH Impeller Pump Ballast Kit (Jabsco Ballast Puppy) instead of the WakeMAKERS.com Complete 780GPH Impeller Pump Ballast Kit (Johnson Ultra Ballast)
- Is one pump better than the other?