Was thinking the same thing... paypal deposit maybe?? I can understand them wanting something to "take the boat off the market" for you. I would be concerned if they wanted 1000.00 + deposit. 200.00 risk for the right boat seems reasonable to me. Good Luck!!!
Results 11 to 19 of 19
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM #11'08 Mobius LS
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM #12
To answer another posters question, we live outside of Gettysburg.
UPDATE: My husband just had a long conversation with the seller. He said he doesn't want/need a deposit - he feels comfortable holding it for us because he has been in touch with us so many times and will hold the boat for us for about a month until my husband and his buddy can drive there. That makes me feel a lot better!
Thanks for everyone's input!
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM #13
hope it works out and make sure you post up pics of the delivery'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM #14
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM #15Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
Last edited by parrothd; 01-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
01-29-2013, 04:21 PM #16
I agree. If it is the right one then go get it. I dropped everything and went to Owensboro, Kentucky one time. Another time I left at 3 am for Cary, North Carolina. Sometimes you just gotta go.My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
2000 Outback LS (sold)
01-29-2013, 08:08 PM #17
3-4 weeks out and others will start looking for a boat soon, if the price is right and its a good one, dont wait to long or somebody else may be towing her home. Cash is king and a seller may not wait even when promised they will.
Really hope it works out for youHey, Its Moomba time
13 Mobius LSV
08 Mobius LSV-sold
03 Mobius LSV-sold
01-29-2013, 08:13 PM #18
if the price is right I should swing down and take a look at it maybe i could use a new dd2007 Outback V
01-29-2013, 08:49 PM #19