Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    216

    Default Price for a Vinyl Replacement

    I am starting to shop around for vinyl replacement places in Raleigh NC. I know the prices will vary based on where you are, but would anyone be willing to share what they paid to have their interior re-done? I am looking at all the vinyl (see http://bkearney.fedorapeople.org/vinyl/), average quality vinyl. PM's or public would be appreciated.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,239

    Default

    On my Outback I did mine for under $800 but I bought my material at greatlakesskipper.com and did all the pulling, staple pulling, etc. myself. I had an upholstery guy make new covers using the old ones as patterns. I put 'em on and put it all back together. Fun winter project but great results.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    On my Outback I did mine for under $800 but I bought my material at greatlakesskipper.com and did all the pulling, staple pulling, etc. myself. I had an upholstery guy make new covers using the old ones as patterns. I put 'em on and put it all back together. Fun winter project but great results.
    Thanks! Was the 800 just for the material, just the work to make the covers, or both?
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming Ga
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Have you just called skiers and asked what new skins would run you. I just got a bunch of new skins and they are fairly reasonable. I plan on putting them on myself as soon as i get them. Its been about 3 months so far and still waiting.


    Quote Originally Posted by bkearney View Post
    I am starting to shop around for vinyl replacement places in Raleigh NC. I know the prices will vary based on where you are, but would anyone be willing to share what they paid to have their interior re-done? I am looking at all the vinyl (see http://bkearney.fedorapeople.org/vinyl/), average quality vinyl. PM's or public would be appreciated.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    4,150

    Default

    Skiers charges a good deal for the skins. I would rather have a shop make them up and use a heavier vinyl in the process


    Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

    2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Harpoon, Exile SM600.1 , Exile Xi800.4.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    s.e. washington state
    Posts
    2,091

    Default

    David X2. Better vinyl can be bought through an upholsterer. I will eventually get all of the cushions replaced.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,239

    Default

    That amount was for the whole job but I did great on the material and found a guy who needed the work to make my covers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kaukauna, WI - 3minutes from glass
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Pulling staples sucks balls seriously. I do not wish that job on anybody.

    I did my complete interior myself, went to walmart bought a sewing machine then off to the fabric store for some vinyl.


    It's not a $50,000 boat job but I think it turned out great for my boat.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - Waiting patiently for my build date.
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

    "Hey you only live once"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Have you just called skiers and asked what new skins would run you. I just got a bunch of new skins and they are fairly reasonable. I plan on putting them on myself as soon as i get them. Its been about 3 months so far and still waiting.
    SC wont do anything before a 2005. I was pretty bummed when I heard that.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Pulling staples sucks balls seriously. I do not wish that job on anybody.

    I did my complete interior myself, went to walmart bought a sewing machine then off to the fabric store for some vinyl.


    It's not a $50,000 boat job but I think it turned out great for my boat.
    How hard was it to yank the old carpet out? I would like to do that at the same time if I can.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •