Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    814

    Default Berg's New Tow Rig

    If my neighbor ever gets his boat back from kingpin we plan to have our windshields tinted by Mikes guy (they've had it for a month). Go ahead and plan 2k for tires and go to 37x13.5's! 50k is right on the mark for tread life on those, which is awesome for a mud tire.

    Old I pic posted before, but here's the 37's..,ziiiiiiiiipp! It sure looks like you have a 6" lift like this one but I would have to see it in person to verify.
    -Jake

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wausau, WI
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Nice rig berg, looks like even got some aftermarket speakers in the doors
    Matt

    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    If my neighbor ever gets his boat back from kingpin we plan to have our windshields tinted by Mikes guy (they've had it for a month). Go ahead and plan 2k for tires and go to 37x13.5's! 50k is right on the mark for tread life on those, which is awesome for a mud tire.

    Old I pic posted before, but here's the 37's..,ziiiiiiiiipp! It sure looks like you have a 6" lift like this one but I would have to see it in person to verify.
    HAHA funny about kingPin, i think my bought left Saturday evening from there as your buddies came in monday LOL. They told me 2 days for my sub box and ended up taking over a week
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,918

    Default

    Berg, nice truck, I would love to have a HD truck......
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    West Jordan, Utah
    Posts
    118

    Default Berg's New Tow Rig

    That is one nice looking rig. Congrats on the purchase.
    Kurt
    2006 Mobius LSV

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    814

    Default Berg's New Tow Rig

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    HAHA funny about kingPin, i think my bought left Saturday evening from there as your buddies came in monday LOL. They told me 2 days for my sub box and ended up taking over a week
    Well they switched subs (plural now ) for the third time and they were back ordered so he just left it there. They still aren't Exile subs so maybe fourth time will be a charm? Depends on how bad you hurt him this summer, he's kind of a one upper
    -Jake

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Well they switched subs (plural now ) for the third time and they were back ordered so he just left it there. They still aren't Exile subs so maybe fourth time will be a charm? Depends on how bad you hurt him this summer, he's kind of a one upper
    HAHA funny thing, IDK how it happened but when they first installed my 15 they blew it and had to go back to Brain and get another.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Really thinking it's just a 4-inch lift but you never know. 37's? Nah - it's tall enough already!

    I'm actually liking it kind of quiet - weird I know. My GMC had a K&N intake on it and a flowmaster out back. Loud in a good hot rod kind of way usually but then droning agony loud pulling up hills.

    The DVD screen was DOA and I couldn't find any fuses blown so pulled the monitor down today and tore it apart. Resoldered all the pins on the main circuit board, put it all back together, bingo - we have video! Also discovered that the speakers have indeed been replaced with Pioneers all around. Not really sure what they are or what they can handle - they are that weird 4x6 size.

    The stereo is definitely lacking compared to the old truck's setup. May have to do something about that sooner than later.

    Only put about 30 miles on it so far but totally loving it! Long overdue upgrade.



    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wausau, WI
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Also discovered that the speakers have indeed been replaced with Pioneers all around. Not really sure what they are or what they can handle - they are that weird 4x6 size.

    The stereo is definitely lacking compared to the old truck's setup. May have to do something about that sooner than later.
    I think you have these;
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FaVcMgodOksAHA

    I used to do some stereo stuff in Ford Rangers that I used to own, several years ago. I thought they sounded nice when put on a regular amp to give them some decent power.
    Matt

    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    That could be - haven't figured out what stock size is. These pioneer's have kind of a yellow mesh finish though - maybe just an older model.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

    2001 MobiusV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •