Soooo, I have a new project boat that I going to install a complete new stereo.
What I am thinking of is;
- Reuse my 12 JL Audio W6 sub in its existing sealed box and build it in the helm support (possible ported) after the season is over.
- Reuse my Pro Mariner 20 on-board charger
- Kenwood KMR-700U Head Unit
- Kenwood KCA-RC55MR wired remote
- Sirius adapter
- Two sets (4 total) Wet Sounds Icon8s
- Fixed Clamp
- LED Ring RGB
- Translucent Grills
- Three sets (6 total) Wet Sounds XS-650-RGB
- LED Rings-RGB
- Wet Sounds WS-420sq zone control
- (1)LED controller The new one that plugs in-line with the LFE RCA (Is that all I need?)
- Towers Kicker KXM400.2 Should I go to the KXM400.4? I cant find the specs on these new Kicker marine amps. Will the KXM400.4 give me more power at the towers? (Phil?? Mike?? Anyone??)
- Inboats and Sub Kicker KXM800.5 (The W6 is wired for a 2 ohm load)
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: New Stereo gear???
05-24-2013, 10:08 PM #1
New Stereo gear???Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...
05-24-2013, 11:30 PM #2
For 2 pair of the Icons, stick with the 2 chnl KXM400.2. It will deliver 200W rms x 2 @ 2 ohm, so a net of 100W rms to each Icon. The 4 chnl KXM400.4 will deliver 50W rms x 4 @ 4 ohm. That would be only 50W to each Icon. Now, a pair of KXM400.4's in 2 chnl mode would be 200W rms to each Icon.
05-24-2013, 11:34 PM #3
Got it!, and Mike again thanks for all the help.
No go hit the lake, I gotta work on my backyard and I don't usually go out on the holiday weekends anyway!!
Cant wait to get this system in.
By the way, Kicker told my stereo shop guy that the amps wont be shipping for a few weeks!!!! NO BUENO!!
Phil? Phil?? PHIL!!! I need some forum help/strings here!Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...
05-24-2013, 11:36 PM #4
New Stereo gear???
Here's what I'm thinking:
That system is going to ROCK!Drew
New ride: 2012 Mojo
Old ride: 2008 OBV
05-24-2013, 11:43 PM #5