Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    66

    Default Weekend Mods Day 1 - Stereo/Tint

    So i goto Bestbuy to see what they would qoute me to re-wire all my amps/stereo w/ new lines and make sure eveything is tip top:

    i wish i had a before but trust me it was a birds nest of wires:



    He lifted them all off the floor, cut to fit, wrapped them all in the black plastic. (charge $140 w/ parts)

    Next on list i see that they do window tint, i ask them what they would charge me, they look and say "we will just charge you the regular cab truck price of $115 and its lifetime guarantee bubbling/purple, i say "DEAL" went 30%



    as im walking out i see an open box deal on a 10' kicker sub w/ box. (the sub i have i've had for 12 years) i measure the box w/ my phone and its smaller, nicer, newer, was $180, open box sale $69.99

    Last edited by mmobius2001; 05-26-2013 at 02:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Man your making a killing lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    6,965

    Default Weekend Mods Day 1

    Nice scores! I usually am lucky enough to pay full price only to find it on sale a day or two later.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,208

    Default

    You are probably my size for suits, shirts, shoes, etc. and get to the stores just before me during sales. I know it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canton, Ga / Lake Lanier
    Posts
    1,590

    Default Weekend Mods Day 1

    Is that pic above after the wire work Best Buy did?
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

    Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX


    Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    641

    Default

    I'm kinda curious like NASH. Is that the wiring AFTER they cleaned it up? It still looks like a birds nest to me. It would seem that anything stored in there would get either fried, or would get hung on something trying to get it out.
    Brian Roberts
    2001 Outback DD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I'm kinda curious like NASH. Is that the wiring AFTER they cleaned it up? It still looks like a birds nest to me. It would seem that anything stored in there would get either fried, or would get hung on something trying to get it out.
    yes it is after, i dont have any before pics because it was embarrassing... i just put my a couple backpacks there and it works great. Before it looked like 2 extension cords multi-colored all over the place, sitting on floor and going all diff directions. I also had wires going all the way around the boat from speakers/sub just sitting under the seats on the floor, he put the black plastic all around them and mounted them up under the seat, so the floor is clear.

    it might still look a little busy, but the pic doesnt do justice of how cleaner it actually does look.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    398

    Default Weekend Mods Day 1

    I think they got you on the wiring job. Also if that kicker box is MDF it won't last long especially sitting on the carpet. It will get wet for sure.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lake Wylie NC Area
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I think they got you on the wiring job. Also if that kicker box is MDF it won't last long especially sitting on the carpet. It will get wet for sure.
    It is MDF and its naked under that water absorbent carpet. Sitting on the floor is the absolute worst thing you can do for a sub box, even its resin sealed. regardless of that, the humid conditions of the boating environment will take its toll on that box in the first season, but it will not show up until the second. The carpet will hide it, but if you are tuned into the bass, you will hear the change in its performance. as the box swells, softens and begins to leak, the sub will sound like mud. It will be sloppy and non responsive.

    If best buy knew anything about marine audio, they would have done you a favor and talked you out of that automotive sub box. $.02

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    It is MDF and its naked under that water absorbent carpet. Sitting on the floor is the absolute worst thing you can do for a sub box, even its resin sealed. regardless of that, the humid conditions of the boating environment will take its toll on that box in the first season, but it will not show up until the second. The carpet will hide it, but if you are tuned into the bass, you will hear the change in its performance. as the box swells, softens and begins to leak, the sub will sound like mud. It will be sloppy and non responsive.

    If best buy knew anything about marine audio, they would have done you a favor and talked you out of that automotive sub box. $.02
    sorry to disagree, the sub box i had before, was just a Q-Logic standard cab truck box i bought from circuit city in 2004 way before they went outta business. it finally starting looking like crap and splitting last year.



    for $69 i think it will last ample time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •