Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Amistad, TX
    Posts
    561

    Default Ideas on stereo improvement IN Boat...

    Look what you've done Brad... Gahhh Just sell the boat, it's not worth all this trouble...

    Someone is gonna get hurt...

    I kid, I kid...

    Edit: Wolfe, those won't work... The square box won't fit in the circular holes!
    Last edited by tgoody14; 06-07-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

    I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    y'all craaaaaaayy & talking smackitty, smack, smack. here's what ya need, bro:



    I'll cut you a schweet dealio on these bad boys!

    Where would you set the amp gains on those puppies....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lake Wylie NC Area
    Posts
    770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yes eventually but i did play the Exiles on the 700.5 first because at the time i needed to hear the difference in order to spend the money.

    Lets also agree i wasnt Comparing the 2 speakers, i was stating what i thought sounded different, I dont know anything technical about the 2 speakers. I just know how they sound different.

    What Dave with Earmark is saying make complete sence.

    It would make sence that the Facotry Kicker speakers have a smaller tweeter and it sounds different then a 1 inch tweeter.

    Also if Brad wants to stay with Kicker cabins then thats for you and Earmark to give him sugestions because i dont know the brand well enough to speak on it technically.

    How ever Brad has Exile towers, and a ZLD, and sub system, so just to keep him all on the same brand and he sugested he was thinking of the Exile cabins i offered my thoughts on a sound level to my ear how they were different.
    Mike,

    I agree 100% that there is a distinct difference in sound between them.....just as there is with a Polk, Wet Sounds, JL, Rockford on and on and on. What ones ears like is not for me to say, thats why I always try to stress getting a demo. I just thought your description was interesting considering the difference in size between the two tweeters. I have heard and re-tuned a few of the OEM setups and upgraded amps, but do not sell and install those OEMs with the .5" Tweeter. I stick to the .75" KM6200 and 1" KM6250.2, but happen to have the new KM6LED's with the .5" on the sound board.

    I am not trying to talk him into staying with the OEM, nor am I trying to talk him out of the Exiles.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    De Pere WI
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    y'all craaaaaaayy & talking smackitty, smack, smack. here's what ya need, bro:

    I'll cut you a schweet dealio on these bad boys!
    holy 1980's batman.... I'll give ya $5, but you gotta pay for shipping.. it would be the first step toward a mancave like new guys
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    880

    Default

    "1. With the ZLD, if I turn the tower control down how is that affecting the amp? Voltage? Wattage? or is it just lowering the volume post amp? (i am no electrician.. ) My concern is i dont want the Harpoon running wide open with the tower vol turned down...i'd want the harpoon running lighter..."

    Think of an amplifier as a water valve. You have all this voltage potential from the battery system backed up by some serious current (force). Just like a giant water reservoir.
    Then you have the output that goes to the speaker. Just like the garden hose output.
    The input from your source unit or EQ is like your hand on the water valve. It opens and closes thereby restricting or opening the pathway from the supply to the speakers. You can have a light stream or powerful stream. And of course the supply is also modulated (pulsing so to speak) by the dynamic music.
    If the amplifier valve is nearly closed by the the source unit or EQ then very little of that supply potential is flowing and the inverse is true if the source unit or EQ substantially opens the amplifier valve.
    An amplifier is a unique electrical multiplier in the sense that you can control this gigantic reservior of potential (battery & charging system) with the very tiny audio signal from the source.
    Hopefully I have helped take the mystery out of controlling the amplifier.
    The amplifier doesn't really generate power as much as it just transforms the available supply of power. When it is turned down it simply does not pass power.
    There will always be a certain amount of idle current when the amplifier level is reduced. But it is not enough to be concerned with.

    David

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    2,629

    Default Re: Ideas on stereo improvement IN Boat...

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    y'all craaaaaaayy & talking smackitty, smack, smack. here's what ya need, bro:



    I'll cut you a schweet dealio on these bad boys!
    Shoot mang... let's hang em air speakers from that roll bar ya got thar. I bet itt'l sound reel cool!


    PWI as usual...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    "1. With the ZLD, if I turn the tower control down how is that affecting the amp? Voltage? Wattage? or is it just lowering the volume post amp? (i am no electrician.. ) My concern is i dont want the Harpoon running wide open with the tower vol turned down...i'd want the harpoon running lighter..."

    Think of an amplifier as a water valve. You have all this voltage potential from the battery system backed up by some serious current (force). Just like a giant water reservoir.
    Then you have the output that goes to the speaker. Just like the garden hose output.
    The input from your source unit or EQ is like your hand on the water valve. It opens and closes thereby restricting or opening the pathway from the supply to the speakers. You can have a light stream or powerful stream. And of course the supply is also modulated (pulsing so to speak) by the dynamic music.
    If the amplifier valve is nearly closed by the the source unit or EQ then very little of that supply potential is flowing and the inverse is true if the source unit or EQ substantially opens the amplifier valve.
    An amplifier is a unique electrical multiplier in the sense that you can control this gigantic reservior of potential (battery & charging system) with the very tiny audio signal from the source.
    Hopefully I have helped take the mystery out of controlling the amplifier.
    The amplifier doesn't really generate power as much as it just transforms the available supply of power. When it is turned down it simply does not pass power.
    There will always be a certain amount of idle current when the amplifier level is reduced. But it is not enough to be concerned with.

    David
    One of the finest analogies I've heard from David on this stuff. Very helpful. Nice job.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Keuka Lake, NY
    Posts
    5,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    One of the finest analogies I've heard from David on this stuff. Very helpful. Nice job.
    I agree, nice write up David
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless


    Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Amistad, TX
    Posts
    561

    Default Ideas on stereo improvement IN Boat...

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    One of the finest analogies I've heard from David on this stuff. Very helpful. Nice job.
    Agreed 👏
    ⭐ for David

    Seriously tho, very well put big guy
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

    I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA / Big Bay Lake, MS
    Posts
    2,246

    Default Ideas on stereo improvement IN Boat...

    Thanks David

    Wolfe
    I want them for my EL Camino
    Brad

    Mississippi/Louisiana
    2011 Launch 21V
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •