Results 1 to 6 of 6

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eugene OR
    Posts
    1,720

    Default Lake Shasta trip next summer. Tips and tricks?

    I am looking to spend a week at Lake Shasta next summer and have a family get together. I have never been there so looking for the best way to do this. Is it better to get a cabins or a house boat? What is the best company to go through? I will be bring my boat down to spend the whole time on the water. What are some tricks and any tips on the best way to do this. We are looking at 18 to 40 people. Will most likely be on the 18 person side but some family members could surprise us.
    2008 Outback V
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Unhappy about our NorCal Lake Levels!
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    I am looking to spend a week at Lake Shasta next summer and have a family get together. I have never been there so looking for the best way to do this. Is it better to get a cabins or a house boat? What is the best company to go through? I will be bring my boat down to spend the whole time on the water. What are some tricks and any tips on the best way to do this. We are looking at 18 to 40 people. Will most likely be on the 18 person side but some family members could surprise us.
    Jester

    Plan on going down ahead of time and do a pre run.

    It's a big lake that was down a lot this year due to our lack of rain.

    Cabins fill up fast and the houseboat prices rise quickly during May, so check the various online pricing. There are a lot of first come camping areas without a lot of amenities. Check with Jones Valley and Silverthorn's for availability and pricing

    Lake Oroville is a little farther for you but also a very nice lake with rentals and great camping facilities
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

    Eric.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eugene OR
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Eric,
    Thanks for the response. After thinking about this a cabin would be better. Who wants to be stuck on a house boat with family for that many days. Well I would not be since I would just grab the boat and go but the rest of the fam would be.
    2008 Outback V
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Unhappy about our NorCal Lake Levels!
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    ...After thinking about this a cabin would be better...
    Jester, only problem with the cabins is capacity, they generally don't hold too many people, so you really will need to know who is ACTUALLY going to show up. Which tend tends to be hard as you will get a lot of "Yeah, I'll be there!!, followed by the "...turns out we couldn't make it, sorry..."

    Good luck
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

    Eric.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    s.e. washington state
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Jester, only problem with the cabins is capacity, they generally don't hold too many people, so you really will need to know who is ACTUALLY going to show up. Which tend tends to be hard as you will get a lot of "Yeah, I'll be there!!, followed by the "...turns out we couldn't make it, sorry..."

    Good luck
    A nonrefundable deposit is good. When they say they can't make it you can say that you'll make good use of their money.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Unhappy about our NorCal Lake Levels!
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    A nonrefundable deposit is good. When they say they can't make it you can say that you'll make good use of their money.
    Which usually leads to the "...I'll get that to you right away..."
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

    Eric.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •