Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Surf Tabs :)

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    6,965

    Default Surf Tabs :)

    Quote Originally Posted by 86century View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but do you deploy the plate on the non surf side.
    Yes, that's how it works.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    jonesboro IN
    Posts
    69

    Default

    alrighty then.

    Guess I need to see this work in person.
    2000 Möbius V
    Indmar assault 5.7mpi
    Perfect pass stargazer wake
    Oj 445 will be replaced soon
    1100#on each side of the eng ,800 in ski locker
    almost enough

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snellville, GA & Lake Sinclair
    Posts
    6,965

    Default Surf Tabs :)

    There are some good vids on the Malibu site and Vimeo. If I remember correctly, the basic premise is that the gate changes the point of convergence of the wake as it comes off the boat. The off side gets pushed further back.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    164

    Default

    forgive me for high jacking the thread.... prior to building them I was running 750 in the surf rear compartment, 750 on the surf side floor and 1100 in the playpen compartment @11mph. Now I run 750 on the surf side rear compartment, 350 on the non surf side rear compartment and 9.8mph on the goofy side, 10.5 on the regular side. This gives no noticeable lean. The gate isn't noticeable to handling until you get to about idle then it won't turn sharp against the gate. Ive had a noticeable savings in fuel due to the lower speed and weight. Also I like the idea of no lean with regards to oil delivery.
    This is my build thread on the Supra forum.http:// http://www.supraboats.com/bb...urf-Gate-Build

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    saskatchewan, canada
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    forgive me for high jacking the thread.... prior to building them I was running 750 in the surf rear compartment, 750 on the surf side floor and 1100 in the playpen compartment @11mph. Now I run 750 on the surf side rear compartment, 350 on the non surf side rear compartment and 9.8mph on the goofy side, 10.5 on the regular side. This gives no noticeable lean. The gate isn't noticeable to handling until you get to about idle then it won't turn sharp against the gate. Ive had a noticeable savings in fuel due to the lower speed and weight. Also I like the idea of no lean with regards to oil delivery.
    This is my build thread on the Supra forum.http:// http://www.supraboats.com/bb...urf-Gate-Build
    cant get the link to work, please repost it.
    Thanks
    2005 Mobius LSV

    Gravity IV (750s rear, 400 mid and 650 bow)
    wakeplate, perfect pass,

    Not sure what stereo I have, but I have 3 amps 2 subs 6 x 6.5 mids and tweets and 4 tower speakers ( 2 x 8 inch and 2 x 6.5 and tweets)

    Fuel Injected
    1433 acme prop

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    saskatchewan, canada
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Ok sorry I got it to work, look like a great idea! Has anybody fab on for a moomba lsv? The hull looks very similar and i think i would be able to get it to work. but I am not the engineering type, i can sure build it from instructions but not from scratch.
    2005 Mobius LSV

    Gravity IV (750s rear, 400 mid and 650 bow)
    wakeplate, perfect pass,

    Not sure what stereo I have, but I have 3 amps 2 subs 6 x 6.5 mids and tweets and 4 tower speakers ( 2 x 8 inch and 2 x 6.5 and tweets)

    Fuel Injected
    1433 acme prop

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Morganton, NC
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    cant get the link to work, please repost it.
    Thanks
    www.supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?15031-Surf-Gate-Build
    2000 Outback LS
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    74

    Default

    If you guys really want to see some automated high tech DIY surf gates you should checkout what the malibu crew is doing.... Amazing! Speed deployed and retracted.... Very nice! I'm still moving forward w/ my surf/trim tab install cause I want the ability to adjust any lean of the boat under power w/ the touch of a button. Any surf wave adjustments to me are icing on the cake.

    Here is a ton of automated surf gates install DIY's:

    http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...d/?hl=poormans
    2002 Moomba Outback LSV

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    saskatchewan, canada
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MJR63 View Post
    If you guys really want to see some automated high tech DIY surf gates you should checkout what the malibu crew is doing.... Amazing! Speed deployed and retracted.... Very nice! I'm still moving forward w/ my surf/trim tab install cause I want the ability to adjust any lean of the boat under power w/ the touch of a button. Any surf wave adjustments to me are icing on the cake.

    Here is a ton of automated surf gates install DIY's:


    http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...d/?hl=poormans
    Keep us posted with pictures and step by steps you take!! I am super interested in this idea!
    2005 Mobius LSV

    Gravity IV (750s rear, 400 mid and 650 bow)
    wakeplate, perfect pass,

    Not sure what stereo I have, but I have 3 amps 2 subs 6 x 6.5 mids and tweets and 4 tower speakers ( 2 x 8 inch and 2 x 6.5 and tweets)

    Fuel Injected
    1433 acme prop

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    Ok sorry I got it to work, look like a great idea! Has anybody fab on for a moomba lsv? The hull looks very similar and i think i would be able to get it to work. but I am not the engineering type, i can sure build it from instructions but not from scratch.
    Pm sent........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •