Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cover repair

Hybrid View

Default Cover repair

So my cover ripped pretty badly across the back - wondering if trying to repair is worth it, or just looking for a new one, and where to start? Drive a 2007 XLV - all black.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Vancouver, WA
    2007 Mobius XLV, Z5, all black. Doesn't get used nearly enough. Vancouver, Wa.

Default Re: Cover repair

Upholstery shop..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV

Is it a rip that was caused by something or just appeared? If it just appeared then your cover is shot and you best be looking for a new one. Being a bad rip I would replace it either way. Do you store your boat inside? A quality cover is well worth the expense and there can be some lead time in getting one.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM

Kaddy - what part of town are you in? Wondering if I might have saw you up on Yale a month or so ago...

I had a repair or two done on my old cover. Not bad - stretched another couple seasons out of it before it completely gave up. I'm sure I could dig up that shop's info.

Or if you are looking at new I can refer you to the guy who did mine, does top notch work - and cash talks. You can see my cover in person before going to him if you want. Just had it done earlier this spring. Let me know.
    2001 MobiusV

That was probably me - Yale is where we go. We live in Felida, south of Salmon Creek. I store at Padden Parkplace, over by Costco. The cover still works when the boat is stored, but I can't take it on the road anymore with the cover on.

Cool. I had a similar rip clear across the back of my old one. IIRC it was under a hundy total and this guy fixed it up and reinforced it nicely.

Dave's Upholstery
    11502 NE 154TH ST
    Brush Prairie, WA 98606
    (360) 906-8459
    2001 MobiusV

It ripped while on the highway a couple weeks ago - the wind was vicious. Right rear buckle ripped and tore across half of the back cover. I store my boat under a roof, but the structure is open on both ends.

Default Re: Cover repair

Quote Originally Posted by kaddy View Post
    That was probably me - Yale is where we go. We live in Felida, south of Salmon Creek. I store at Padden Parkplace, over by Costco. The cover still works when the boat is stored, but I can't take it on the road anymore with the cover on.
    Hey we're neighbors! I live right next to Felida Elementary.
    Bergs guy does outstanding work. The cover looks great and is well built.
    I can take a look at it for you and may be able to get you through the winter with a temporary fix if need be, I've done a few cover repairs. PM me if interested.

PWI as usual...

By the way - thanks again for the cover work. It was just what I needed for the winter. For anyone else that is looking for cover work, among other things, newty does a really good job and knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kaddy View Post
    By the way - thanks again for the cover work. It was just what I needed for the winter. For anyone else that is looking for cover work, among other things, newty does a really good job and knows his stuff.

Newty, can you come to NY I need my canopy on my hoist stitched up...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold