Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Propellers

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default Propellers

    I have a 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    It has an OJ 13.7 X 17.5 MVC 1-1/8" prop on it now. I'm guessing this is what came stock as I have not changed it.

    Is there a better choice or upgrade?

    I like to slalom, wakeboard and surf.
    Looking for better gas mileage and better pull out of the hole.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    That is the factory prop. There was another option from factory which was considered the "wakeboard prop" and it provided better holeshot at the expense of a few mph's.

    There are better options than what you have. Anything in the 14x14 range.

    Options are going to look like Acme 1235, 1433, 1617. There are some OJ props as well.

    Call Nettleprops to talk to the pro's or spend a few minutes browsing the forum (using the search function). You will see tons of people have upgraded from the factory prop (even the factory wakeboard prop)
    2006 Supra 24SSV

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,614

    Default

    This is a good topic to use the search and read through past threads here. Tons of good info.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    11,348

    Default

    If you like to ski and want more hole shot, this one may be a little better. You shouldn't lose anything on the top end. It's what I run:

    http://www.wakeprops.com/acme-1161-propeller.html

    This one is very close. I think the cupping is slightly different:

    http://www.wakeprops.com/acme-537-propeller.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    That is the factory prop. There was another option from factory which was considered the "wakeboard prop" and it provided better holeshot at the expense of a few mph's.

    There are better options than what you have. Anything in the 14x14 range.

    Options are going to look like Acme 1235, 1433, 1617. There are some OJ props as well.

    Call Nettleprops to talk to the pro's or spend a few minutes browsing the forum (using the search function). You will see tons of people have upgraded from the factory prop (even the factory wakeboard prop)
    Your top pick...Acme 1433 or Acme 1617?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerryoneal View Post
    Your top pick...Acme 1433 or Acme 1617?
    I run the 1433 and have been happy with it. I don't have anything to compare it to, though. Never had the 1617 on the boat .... actually ... Dusty has the 1617 and I have driven his. Didn't have them side by side, though. I don't recall any major differences but someone else might be able to better answer.

    I pretty regularly ride with 1500 in the rear and 1200 in the bow. 340 motor.

    I chose the 1433 over the 1235 for trailer clearance concerns.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canton, Ga / Lake Lanier
    Posts
    1,599

    Default Propellers

    Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post

    This one is very close. I think the cupping is slightly different:

    http://www.wakeprops.com/acme-537-propeller.html
    I have this one for sale right now in the classifieds section.

    #shamelessplug
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

    Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX


    Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tigard, Oregon
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerryoneal View Post
    I have a 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    It has an OJ 13.7 X 17.5 MVC 1-1/8" prop on it now. I'm guessing this is what came stock as I have not changed it.

    Is there a better choice or upgrade?

    I like to slalom, wakeboard and surf.
    Looking for better gas mileage and better pull out of the hole.
    Yes, you have the stock prop. If you run a lot of ballast, I'd suggest the Acme 1847 or 1433. If you run stock ballast, the Acme 537 is a good choice.

    See the thread below for more details and prop testing data.

    http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showt...p+test+results
    Al

    2006 Mobius LSV

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •