Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I only track expenses if I want to change my habits or figure out a way to adjust something somewhere! As far as the boat and my rigs go............I'm not willing to change my habits/hobbies!

Now if it get's to $10/gallon that might be a different story.
    2007 Moomba Outback - waiting for summer!

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

i dunno... mine is only bad after eating chili......

seriously though... i don't bother, its to depressing. If i can afford to own a boat i better be able to afford the gas. Luckily the company i work for pays for most of my fuel needs so my bill is lower than most.
    2014 Mondo on the way.... can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Truck - $2282 to date.

Boat - Report failed for some reason but every penny was worth it.
    Especially the pennies spent towing me!!!
    1992 Supra Sunsport. PCM 351 Pro Boss, Tower, Auto Ballast, Heater, Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, Bimini, Sunbrella Cover, Low Pitch Prop, Dual Batteries, LED's, MB Quart speakers, Rockford Fosgate Amps, Phoenix Gold Sub, Fly High fat sacks

Tow Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2000 Jeep Wrangler rock crawler), 1999 Audi A6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I haven't check this year, but my costs have gone down(a little, at least I think) with more hours..

I bought these cans below so I could stop paying $5+ at the local marina, instead I pay $3.70 or cheaper at the local gas station. Each can holds almost 6 gallons and they're super easy to use, no stupid epa caps spilling everything. I just kink the hose, stick in the hole then lay it down on the rear pad and it empties by itself almost completely.

I found that one rider doing 2 wake board sets and 2 surf sets averages about 5-6 gallons.

I gave my regular riders a can and have them bring it filled, much easier than trying to get cash..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buy the cans only get this hose, I found it today..

http://dirttricks.com/shop/heavy-dut...out-with-valve
    Last edited by parrothd; 09-18-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV

Check out this site to see how your state is doing
    http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-g...s/gasoline-tax

Wisconsin state plus federal is $.51 in taxes

Man California is a joke $.719 and New York is not far behind $.682 go figure liberals

Scott she definitely sees it lol.
    Last edited by New Guy; 09-18-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    -Mark

02 Mobius LSV - GIII Ballast - Kicker 6500.2 Six Pack powered by 650.4 - Polk cabins, 10" L5 powered by Kicker 750.5 - Perfect Pass wakeboard pro

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Check out this site to see how your state is doing
    http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-g...s/gasoline-tax

Wisconsin state plus federal is $.51 in taxes

Man California is a joke $.719 and New York is not far behind $.682 go figure liberals

Scott she definitely sees it lol.
    Actually that was a good reminder. I had come across a process for a refund of the non-highway fuel in my job... (Yeah, I'm a CPA).

In WA there is a form that you can use to apply for the ability to get a refund on the "off highway" fuel use. I just talked to the Washington State Dept of Revenue and the refund is averaging around $0.10 a gallon. Not a ton, but why should I be paying taxes that go towards road maintenance on the fuel that I use in my boat?? Or better yet, why not get a refund on the boat fuel I use if I'm eligible????

This is the form for WA:
    http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/442071.pdf

I'll be doing this from now on.
    1992 Supra Sunsport. PCM 351 Pro Boss, Tower, Auto Ballast, Heater, Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, Bimini, Sunbrella Cover, Low Pitch Prop, Dual Batteries, LED's, MB Quart speakers, Rockford Fosgate Amps, Phoenix Gold Sub, Fly High fat sacks

Tow Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2000 Jeep Wrangler rock crawler), 1999 Audi A6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

WI doesn't have that refund form.
    -Mark

02 Mobius LSV - GIII Ballast - Kicker 6500.2 Six Pack powered by 650.4 - Polk cabins, 10" L5 powered by Kicker 750.5 - Perfect Pass wakeboard pro

"Hey you only live once"

So I'm intrigued - you can claim a refund of ~ $.10 a gallon, as long as your claim is a minimum of 54 gallons. Hell - that's one good weekend! Do you happen to know what kind of documentation/receipts are necessary to go along with it?

Pretty sure last year's boat gas bill was in the $2k range, so figure approx 500 gallons. I suppose 10 minutes or so of my time is worth $50 as long as I don't have to jump through too many hoops.
    2001 MobiusV

Default Re: Who tracks their gas?

Berg it's the government do you really think that you won't have to jump through hoops lol that's funny.

Stay awesome!
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

$770.00 which was quite cheap this year actually
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar