Thread: Power Outages

Default Power Outages

I'm reading about the power outages associated with the current cold weather and wonder how people deal with having their boats in heated storage units without fully winterizing their boat. I still think the boat needs to be winterized if you live in areas of sustained freezing temperatures. What's your thoughts?
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM

agreed.....that's why I winterize/drain before tucking away in the shop!
    2007 Moomba Outback - waiting for summer!

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Unfortunately, there is someone on this forum that just last season bought himself a new motor because of a mishap with a heated garage. Not sure I'd risk it.
    Drew
    New ride: 2012 Mojo
    Old ride: 2008 OBV

After asking the question in another thread and also seeing that thread I'm going to drain mine. Better safe than sorry. As long as I don't lose my heat before Sunday I'll be OK. My boat has the Raptor engine and it looks pretty straightforward in the manual to get it done.
    2015 Mobius LSV
    2008 SeaRay SLX

mine is in a climate controlled facility, however ALWAYS drain it and winterize as you never know. if his power goes out, the liability is on me not him as I'm sure most offsite storage facilities are.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Power Outages

It's a very delicate balance for us as we ride all year long. Our new house has insulated and heated boat garage with alarm that will go off if temp falls below 38deg. Also since we live in a rural electric coop area and are very susceptible to power outages my house is wired with backup generator.

With all that said it's still worth it to take the time to drain the boat!!!
    Todd Brooks

2015 Mojo (on the way)