Results 1 to 10 of 48
11-22-2013, 10:05 AM #1
Mod Overload!! Where do I start???
I was laughing when I decided to post this thread, so after reading a ton of posts, I figured I better get some advice on which mods to tackle first, second, and so on...... There are some great ideas on here.
I'm your typical guy, with a love for hobbies, having said that, I probably have too many, HAHA! Is there such a thing?? I'd like to do a few mods to the boat to break the ice. I'm a 41 yr old rookie to owning a Moomba, wakeboard/surf boat. I've never wakesurfed, but guarantee that I will be this year. I've only wakeboarded a few times, same guarantee there too. I love the water! I've owned a boat, but never really got to enjoy anything but the occasional ski, tube, and cruising with a cooler full of refreshments. I've mainly kept busy until now on a Kawasaki 800 stand up. I'm hoping with this Perfect Pass, I can get it set so my girlfriend, or whoever else shows up ,can finally pull me around.
I'm looking for some key upgrades that will enhance my on the water experience. As a beginner what makes sense? I'm up for planning ahead as my skills gets better. I assume what I have is stock.
Maybe I should just polish the speaker rack and call it good??
I've had a great time hanging around these Forums, lots of good laughs, sarcasm, givin others grief, etc... So I expect nothing less. Having said all that, I'm ready to get started!
11-22-2013, 10:28 AM #2
1. Boat Bling. Get the boat clean over winter so you can show it off next summer. http://boatbling.net/store/
2. Gotta rep the Moomba brand, grab a sticker, shirt or hat ..... https://www.scapparel.com/
3. You are gonna want extra ballast (at minimum on surf side). An 1100 from wakemakers is the cure.
4. What prop do you have? Might be an upgrade to consider if you have a 13x17.
5. Are you wanting to do stereo work? Wetsounds, no other "real" options
6. Do you have gear? Boards, jackets, ropes, etc?
7. You gotta black boat ... I'm a fan of window tint.
8. .................. guess that's all I got right now.2016 Moomba Mojo
2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded
11-22-2013, 10:56 AM #3
3. I read quite a bit on the ballast systems so far. The guy I bought the boat from told me I didn't need to go that route, he said the wake was big enough. After reading many positives on here, I'm exploring the idea a bit more seriously.
4. I think my prop is stock. I was planning on pulling it cause it needs repair, so I will also look into prop options.
5. Stereo is ok for now, but wouldn't mind a fuller sound in the future. Seems like a lot of treble from the tower, and from behind the boat. Sounds decent inside the boat. I'm not looking to win the loud competition on the water yet. I did say "yet", HAHA!!
5. I have no boards, well, I did have a beginner wakeboard, but I lent it out and it came back snapped in half. So that's getting replaced under warranty and will have it for next season. The owner left some ropes in the boat. I might be good on those.
7. Tint looks cool, if I decide to do that, I think I'd do something lighter, not blacked out.
11-22-2013, 11:14 AM #4
second the bigger ballast suggestion first. 1100's in each corner/ibs up front. I would get a different prop rather than getting that one fixed right now if it's a 13x17 as mentioned. get it fixed next year as a spare. if you already have one of the 14x14 variants, good to go..
get your gear second. wakeboard, vests and a good entry surfboard and go have fun. worry about the mods once you have some hours on it and learn what you like/want to change..
oh ya, add your location and put your boat in your sig. will make advice easier
is it summer yet?????'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten
11-22-2013, 12:03 PM #5
Gonna start looking for some boards, any brands out there that are recommended? I saw a few posts on a couple so far. I bought my wakeboard from the local boat shop, but not sure of the quality. I think it was about $150. I'd like something good so that I get started off on the right path.
NO, its not summer yet!! Snow on the ground up here.
11-22-2013, 12:38 PM #6
Prop says 13.7 x 17.5
11-22-2013, 12:57 PM #7
call Spencer @ Wakemakers. Tell him the guys from the Moomba forum sent you his way for ballast & a prop. He will get you hooked up.
There is a big contingent of wakesurfers in your area. Check out fb for the 10,000 Lakes wakesurf competition and the Minnesota Championship. Both run by some great folks. There is also a group called Wakesurf MN and Faction Boardshop.Drew
2016 Supra SA 450
2015 Supra SG 450
2012 Moomba Mojo
2008 Moomba OBV
11-22-2013, 01:17 PM #8
I started with LEDS first,next is 1100 lb surf side and IBS bag in front and finish up with tower speakers last2013 LSV
2006 outback DD sold
2004 Stingray 180LX sold
11-22-2013, 01:57 PM #9
1) Gear - without it you're pretty much just sitting there in your cool new boat.
2) Ballast - good luck surfing without it.
2.5) Prop - may turn from a 'want' to a NEED depending on what you do with #2. Plus relatively inexpensive by comparison.
3) Perfect Pass - if you don't already have it. You can live without it for a while and make it work. Not so much on #1 and #2
4) Everything else you read about on here
2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...
11-22-2013, 02:48 PM #10My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
2000 Outback LS (sold)
P5 Danielo Diamond 58"