Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lake Amistad, TX
    Posts
    521

    Default Mod Overload!! Where do I start???

    Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    #1 prop upgrade, huge advantage for what ever ballast you end up with. look for the acme brand. #2 ballast. #3 tunes-very fond of Exile-goes without saying . #4 rob a bank to pay for it all cause your getting in deep now.....
    Yes! Exile FA SHO! Hands down!

    Speaking of ballast who has the link for the DIY IBS that you run off the center tank???

    OP- if you do any sunset/night watering LEDs in cup holders and hideaways and swap out your dash lights to whatever colors you desire! Easy Mod!

    Welcome to the friendliest and most knowledgeable forum on the Web. True. Story.

    Taylor
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

    I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vicksburg, MI
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Speaking of ballast who has the link for the DIY IBS that you run off the center tank???

    Taylor
    Depends on how you want to hook it up. Some use a "Y" valve and others don't.
    Joe

    2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On a NorCal Lake
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbuhtz View Post
    #1 - Boards
    #2 - Perfect Pass
    #3 - Upgrade Ballast
    #4 - Tunes
    Ahhh! Welcome to the "Zipper" effect!

    #1 is definitely PP (Perfect Pass) - don't leave home without it.

    Have a couple of different size vests for different size people.

    Go to a real boat/wake board shop and buy last years board/boot combo at a huge savings. Talk to the kids working the shops with their hats that look too big, they can tell you which boards are just cosmetic changes (I like the Ronix line). I bought mine this time last year at about 60% off.

    Get a good prop now. And get a second prop (or keep your old one) get a prop puller and learn to use it, they are easy to use, but is easier to learn at home with no pressure or GF asking stupid questions. I have two Acme props in the classified section for sale

    Get good tunes now. Wetsounds, Exile or Kenwood depending on your budget and likes. This is where you can really get stupid with money (trust me!) Even the crappiest wakeboarder can enjoy good music and a beverage in the sun. Give MLA, David from Earmark Marine or Phil from Kicker your budget and desires -- then double your budget

    During the season you will start getting comfortable crossing the wake and then you will go with more ballast, so just give in now!! Again you can keep checking the classified section or just give MLA or Wakemakers a call or PM. They have both helped me out a lot!

    And don't worry, there are plenty more mods to go after these.
    Extra batteries
    On board charger
    LEDs to be replaced by RGB LEDs
    SeaDek pads
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

    Eric.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Stephen, Mn
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EricU View Post
    Ahhh! Welcome to the "Zipper" effect!

    #1 is definitely PP (Perfect Pass) - don't leave home without it.

    Have a couple of different size vests for different size people.

    Go to a real boat/wake board shop and buy last years board/boot combo at a huge savings. Talk to the kids working the shops with their hats that look too big, they can tell you which boards are just cosmetic changes (I like the Ronix line). I bought mine this time last year at about 60% off.

    Get a good prop now. And get a second prop (or keep your old one) get a prop puller and learn to use it, they are easy to use, but is easier to learn at home with no pressure or GF asking stupid questions. I have two Acme props in the classified section for sale

    Get good tunes now. Wetsounds, Exile or Kenwood depending on your budget and likes. This is where you can really get stupid with money (trust me!) Even the crappiest wakeboarder can enjoy good music and a beverage in the sun. Give MLA, David from Earmark Marine or Phil from Kicker your budget and desires -- then double your budget

    During the season you will start getting comfortable crossing the wake and then you will go with more ballast, so just give in now!! Again you can keep checking the classified section or just give MLA or Wakemakers a call or PM. They have both helped me out a lot!

    And don't worry, there are plenty more mods to go after these.
    Extra batteries
    On board charger
    LEDs to be replaced by RGB LEDs
    SeaDek pads
    Some good info there! Not sure what kind of budget I'm gonna work with, but I'm just gonna go with the flow for a while and see how this all pans out.
    I have the Perfect Pass on the boat, so I'm good there. For sure I'll be looking into the ballast upgrade. I haven't heard a bad thing about it yet, so it must be good.
    The prop puller sounds like another good idea, that's one I wasn't thinking about. Didn't know how hard it would be to change. Need to find out what prop works with what combo.
    I better stick to some of those first before I get too distracted, HaHa! I need to research boards some more as I really don't know much about them. I definitely need to get a couple.
    Might look into the 2 battery setup.
    Still not sure about the tunes. I shouldn't say that, cause I'd love a good sounding boat. I'm gonna look into the systems and see what they go for in case it's something I feel I can swing.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    unless your going to sit in a cover and crank it I would install a fresh air exhaust prior to a sound system. The FAE is the best sound system mood you can do and you get the benefits of the exhaust feature. you'll find you don't need as big as a system than you thought. I agree with the PP first.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Stephen, Mn
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    unless your going to sit in a cover and crank it I would install a fresh air exhaust prior to a sound system. The FAE is the best sound system mood you can do and you get the benefits of the exhaust feature. you'll find you don't need as big as a system than you thought. I agree with the PP first.
    I read up the FAE, sure seems like a cool add on. I love a good sounding exhaust, but maybe I should just leave that on the street. Like I've said before, I have never had a boat like this. So I have no idea what to expect when I hit the water in the Spring. I knew the exhaust was just below the water, but didn't take into consideration that communication between the driver/passengers and rider could be bothered by the exhaust.
    See? This really is a great place to get informed.....Even if just about all of you seem to have one hand in my wallet trying to spend some, or all of my money!!!! HAHA, gotta love it.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,537

    Default

    Did some say they needed help spending money? I'm GREAT at that!!!

    My favorite mods are the Z5 cargo rack, IBS, and Acme 1433. Lots of other fun things to add, but those are what make me love my boat.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jer119 View Post
    I read up the FAE, sure seems like a cool add on. I love a good sounding exhaust, but maybe I should just leave that on the street. Like I've said before, I have never had a boat like this. So I have no idea what to expect when I hit the water in the Spring. I knew the exhaust was just below the water, but didn't take into consideration that communication between the driver/passengers and rider could be bothered by the exhaust.
    See? This really is a great place to get informed.....Even if just about all of you seem to have one hand in my wallet trying to spend some, or all of my money!!!! HAHA, gotta love it.
    The exhaust is under the water when of plain but once underway its out puff the water. Mine is so quiet that I can hear the raw water pump while under way. It freaked me out at first because I thought it was going out but it was fine.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    944

    Default Re: Mod Overload!! Where do I start???

    We usually start very early am on our lake, those that live on it probably love my FAE...

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Stephen, Mn
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    We usually start very early am on our lake, those that live on it probably love my FAE...

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    That's a good point. I'm looking into it Thanks.
    2009 Mobius LSV. 325hp Indmar Assault

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •