Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 329
  1. #201
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    501

    Default

    This is one of the better pictures that I've seen for the flow. I've also seen one in person. Here's what I'm curious about:



    Is it only thru bolted to the hull in the 3 spots? Or is there hardware that I'm not seeing that attaches the base to the hull beyond that is visible from the face?

    If it's only thru bolted in the 3 spots (not on the spring loaded pin), then does that mean that the blade is really being held on by pretty much the one bolt that it pivots on and the tension provided by the two bolts that sandwich the backing and the face plate around the blade?

    I'd love to see an installation instruction for this once someone gets their hands on it...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. PCM 351 Pro Boss, Tower, Auto Ballast, Heater, Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, Bimini, Sunbrella Cover, Low Pitch Prop, Dual Batteries, LED's, MB Quart speakers, Rockford Fosgate Amps, Phoenix Gold Sub, Fly High fat sacks

    Tow Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2000 Jeep Wrangler rock crawler), 1999 Audi A6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    This is one of the better pictures that I've seen for the flow. I've also seen one in person. Here's what I'm curious about:

    Is it only thru bolted to the hull in the 3 spots? Or is there hardware that I'm not seeing that attaches the base to the hull beyond that is visible from the face?

    If it's only thru bolted in the 3 spots (not on the spring loaded pin), then does that mean that the blade is really being held on by pretty much the one bolt that it pivots on and the tension provided by the two bolts that sandwich the backing and the face plate around the blade?

    I'd love to see an installation instruction for this once someone gets their hands on it...
    There is a mounting block that is screwed to the hull that you are not seeing in the above image.

    The outer plate you see is screwed to the mounting block pinching the plate that moves.

    Go back a page to post #198 for a better image of the assembly.
    Last edited by mcdye; 03-11-2014 at 03:37 PM.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver WA
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    There is a mounting block that is screwed to the hull that you are not seeing in the above image.

    The outer plate you see is screwed to the mounting block pinching the plate that moves.

    Go back a page to post #198 for a better image of the assembly.
    Right, that's a great picture of the base. Like I said, I've seen the thick rear mounting block in person. I wasn't sure if that had hardware that was mounting it to the hull independently of the 3 pieces that mount the face to the block. Basically it seems like the "blade" is mounted with the one pivot point bolt and then is kept in with the sandwich effect of the face piece.

    I guess I was curious if I was missing something.
    1992 Supra Sunsport. PCM 351 Pro Boss, Tower, Auto Ballast, Heater, Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro, Bimini, Sunbrella Cover, Low Pitch Prop, Dual Batteries, LED's, MB Quart speakers, Rockford Fosgate Amps, Phoenix Gold Sub, Fly High fat sacks

    Tow Rig: 2009 Honda Ridgeline RTL (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2000 Jeep Wrangler rock crawler), 1999 Audi A6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Vicksburg, MI
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Right, that's a great picture of the base. Like I said, I've seen the thick rear mounting block in person. I wasn't sure if that had hardware that was mounting it to the hull independently of the 3 pieces that mount the face to the block. Basically it seems like the "blade" is mounted with the one pivot point bolt and then is kept in with the sandwich effect of the face piece.

    I guess I was curious if I was missing something.
    The mounting block is held on by 4 bolts. The top 2 are thru bolted with nuts and washers. The bottom 2 are lag bolts since they are below the locker floor.
    Joe

    2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    108

    Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

    Joe is right but there are 4 lag bolts on the bottom not just two
    The blade is held in place by the big bottom pivot pin and the spring loaded pin. It is sandwiched between the mounting plate and the outer plate. There is a spacer plate on the interior side of the assembly to maintain the spacing created by the blade on the outer side which is held in place by the two bolts on the interior side.
    Rusty

    2013 Mojo

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SE PA
    Posts
    144

    Default

    I asked Saturday about it for lsv...... Said he had not heard a date yet... But expected it by mid to end of summer..... I have know idea of any credibility that he had...

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    When stuck inside......
    Hanging out here and at my favorite camping and truck forums
    same name at www.dogandtrailer.com and www.duramaxforum.com
    2006 Mobius LS, 2009 Sydney Outback 310 BHS, 2011 Duramax - My toys

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I am still blown away by what they are charging for this. I don't know..uhm..$100? worth of material and manufacturing on this thing....by the looks of it they didn't do any costly development..like I said before it just looks cheap but I think powder coating the outer plate the same color as the boat would help.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    108

    Default Moomba Flow The new Wake Enhancement Device

    I would agree about the cost the only challenging part about the machining is the mounting plate to boat contour match up but I am sure they obviously have the CAD model for the hull mold, so just cut a section from the model and make that your mating contour on your bracket and your all set with no real additional design work necessary with regards to that part.
    What will be interesting is to see if folks start making there own blade designs to tweak the wake since the concept is simple to swap them out. The only concern I have about this would be exceeding the pull out force on the mounting plate.
    Rusty

    2013 Mojo

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Yup, the price tag is hard to swallow... certainly understand. Markup for parts, crazy install cost. I really wanted to put this on my boat but I'm not thinking it will happen this year. I'll spend my $1750 somewhere else.
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    Exile SXT9's, Xi12D, Javelin, 800.4, ZLD MKII

    2012 F150 Ecoboost

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    s.e. washington state
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    It would not be hard to duplicate or make something similar. You won't find anything similar as I am sure SC has a patent on the design.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •