Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I second what navajake said. I use 3M products, including rubbing compound. The variable speed polisher is key, especially for tough scratches. I was a little frustrated when I saw that a lot of scratches weren't coming out after the variable speed polishing. I started to try wetsanding starting with a 2000 grit sandpaper and going very slow. I followed that up with the rubbing compound, polish, wax and the Finesse-It II and I could not believe what a difference. The variable speed polisher is an investment, but they are not too expensive. I use mine all the time. It is amazing how many times the wakeboards hit the side of the boat, no matter how fast I jump from the drivers seat to help out. Good Luck!
    2006 Mobius LSV

Very informative. Thanks for the information.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Article makes (at least) two good points-- only do as much as you have to, i.e., don't sand if you only need to polish; and horizontal surfaces will usually take more effort than vertical. Good stuff.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    Exile Tunes
    PWI
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default removal of scuff marks in gel coat?

I still have to get my lazy ass on this project.
    2008 Supra 21V
    2,600 lbs., Gravity III
    Z5 Cargo Rack
    Stereo: Pair of Wetsounds Pro 80's, Rockford Fosgate P500-2, Kicker ZX200.4, Exile ZLD, stock Kicker in-cabins, stock Kenwood HU
    Tow rig: 2008 Slate Tundra, Bilstein 5100's (F&R), 295/65/18 wrapped in Duratracs