Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,041

    Default

    Dunked the nose of the LSV several times, mainly when running IBS full for surfing.

    Only dunked the Mojo 2x. 1st was just not paying attention and nose dived my own roller.

    2nd was stupidity i think. I had the all 3000lbs filled for surfing. 1500 rear, 500 center, 650 ibs and 450 sac in the bow, plus too healthy guys.

    Thought I would switch from Reg to Goofy in the rear, using that new cross over pump, tankes about 4 minutes to flip sides.
    I was cruising at 5mph and all the sudden the rear balanced out from the water weight changing, I happened to come to idle and litterally burried the nose. I was sinking at the bow. I had to throttle up, till my 2 buddies came to the back of the boat LOL.

    Was a bit scary to come to idle and my nose just go under water.

    Since then When its time to rotate reg to goofy we sit with the boat still, and no Men in the bow LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming Ga
    Posts
    314

    Default

    No matter how it happens it usually scares the hell out of me. I am not a fan. Normally I do this when surfing, the wife does it all the time. Sometimes I leave the bow cover on when we go out for a quick set and that has saved us.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I've buried the nose a few times when its been busy out. And a few friends have buried it not paying attention.

    I DESPISE powerturners......And only do it when needed

    How many of you guys Powerturn? Because that is part of the problem in itself.

    Most of us with heavy boats know how to turn around without sending huge rollers right????

    If I power turned where I ride and who I ride with they would throw me overboard.....lol

    My method for picking up a falenrider is after they fall....
    cut throttle....If your running nose heavy watch the bow
    then just as the boat is almost even in the water the wake causes a "push"
    I turn the wheel to the right and it kicks around( if REAL heavy in the nose start the turn a little earlier)
    then cruise back to the rider
    No wake to plow through or bury your rider.......
    You can also turn to the left if need.

    Is this the same method most of you folks use?
    07 LSV usually DUMPED

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Ummmm, love that "wet carpet" smell.... I think it is inevitable even if you are very carful. I think it happened twice the first weekend we were out with our lsv.
    Scott
    2007 Mobius LSV with a lot of great upgrades and mods

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default Water over the bow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I've buried the nose a few times when its been busy out. And a few friends have buried it not paying attention.

    I DESPISE powerturners......And only do it when needed

    How many of you guys Powerturn? Because that is part of the problem in itself.

    Most of us with heavy boats know how to turn around without sending huge rollers right????

    If I power turned where I ride and who I ride with they would throw me overboard.....lol

    My method for picking up a falenrider is after they fall....
    cut throttle....If your running nose heavy watch the bow
    then just as the boat is almost even in the water the wake causes a "push"
    I turn the wheel to the right and it kicks around( if REAL heavy in the nose start the turn a little earlier)
    then cruise back to the rider
    No wake to plow through or bury your rider.......
    You can also turn to the left if need.

    Is this the same method most of you folks use?
    Sounds about right for me. Key is to let the wake pass you then turn.
    2010 Moomba XLV
    340hp cat
    Gravity 3, wake plate
    Rad-a-cage

    I have a love for ballast and large wakes.
    1100 v-drive lockers
    1180 under the playpen
    + lead and a collection of other ballast bags

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Carlton Oregon
    Posts
    6,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    Sounds about right for me. Key is to let the wake pass you then turn.
    Thats how we do it, I have had Russ on my boat enough, and I have driven his enough that we both are very careful not to power turn, and wait for your rollers to pass.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    Exile ZLD
    6 SX65M Cabins
    6 XM9 Towers
    1 XI Big 15 Woofer in a custom Fiberglass box
    1 XI 1K Harpoon
    2 XI 800.4
    1 XI 2500.1
    2 Interstate 2400U 6V Golf Cart Batterties
    Custom 1 Off Evolution Cover

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    825

    Default Water over the bow?

    It blows my mind how many wakeboats power turn!
    -Jake

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eugene OR
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    It blows my mind how many wakeboats power turn!
    Your mind must get blown every weekend during the summer. I really wish we could stop them and let them know how bad it is.
    2008 Outback V
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    825

    Default Water over the bow?

    Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Your mind must get blown every weekend during the summer. I really wish we could stop them and let them know how bad it is.
    Yup. It's either wakeboats pulling tubes into the best water with no care for people trying to ride or power turns. I've given up on holding them to a higher standard. I would love to bring out the shovel guy to hook these people up with a face full of shovel.
    -Jake

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming Ga
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Ok guys if you don't know how to drive a boat its time to review the "NASCAR Ned" video. This guy is spot on with his technique.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZKJwXvdh8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •